Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Bought hatching eggs, which failed, need advice.

Hi folks,I need advice from the community about what I should do about a purchase I made. I bought guinea-fowl eggs from 2 different sellers on ebay, at the same time, and put the eggs into my incubator at the same time, and it's now been 19 days, th...

TV Ad

I want to complain about their TV ad where people are laughing and snickering about being able to buy cheaper on eBay than in store. I turn the ad off every time I see it. You cannot compare with prices in brick and mortar stores and these are people...

Can car dealerships add dealership fees on a listing?

Good Afternoon, I am wondering if it is allowed for a car dealership to add "dealer" fees on top of the purchase price? Is this allowed under EBAYs T&C? Is there anyway to get around not paying this fee? Thanks

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Something Wrong with Payment?

I was trying to order an item with PayPal and 2 credit cards, and all failed. I verified that my PayPal and one of the credit cards were working by buying something else from other places, so I don't think the problem was with my PayPal and credit ca...

UGH! I just learned a lesson today. :(

I guess I just need to vent, but also wanted to mention the risk of just scheduling a snipe on an item you really want. I scheduled a $65 snipe on this item that was just listed yesterday. Start bid 3.99, it was an auction, no best offer or anything....

100% feedback, over 1500 sales????

Just been scammed as have loads more buyers by a seller who had 100% feedback with over 1500 sales,how are eBay letting fraudsters like this scam us all,buyer says he's suddenly away until 2021..yes 2021?!!I will get a refund but this is a joke and c...

• 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cannot Make Payment

I am trying to pay for an item with Buy It Now. Tried PayPal -- no problem logging in, but then the eBay payment page doesn't allow me to proceed with payment, saying it ran into a problem with PayPal. Tried paying with credit cards -- not one, but t...

Restricted item

I ordered a brooch from UK. Today I received an email from ebay that the item was deemed restricted and they won't ship it to me or return to the seller. Is anythig I can do? I received the refund, but I want the brooch. I think it is not fair that g...

1997 Coachmen Catalina

Hi I’m thinking about buying this RV but I need to know if this is a scam or not can anyone help out please? Here’s a copy of the email thanks in advance Hi, My name is Rosa Luz, happy to see you are interested in my 1997 Coachmen Catalina. Let me gi...

Resolved! Trinkets

What are your thoughts on trinket items that are too low of a price to really complain about if not received. I purchased a trinket for around a dollar. I kept getting messages that it should arrive soon but now 5-6 months later I still haven't seen ...

User avatar by Scout
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

EBay protecting seller whose products cause damage

I bought a navigation card (sold as OEM) update for my Toyota. During install the screen went black and this corrupt card had destroyed my entire entertainment console. The dealer charged $1,280 for replacement. An EBay phone rep said to return the c...

Item with tracking lost by USPS. What's my next step as the buyer?

Hello. On a different ID, I won an auction for a piece of jewelry. I paid. The seller shipped. First class, small bubble envelope with tracking. The estimated arrival date was Aug. 30. The last tracking information states on Sept. 3, the item was in ...

Doesn’t appear eBay cares about their customers

I’ve been scammed for a couple thousand dollars. I have tried to contact the corporate office from the number customer service gave me because they couldn’t assist me. Guess what? The number for corporate requires an extension. That means you have to...

• 67 replies
  • 8 helpful

return which was not resolved by ebay

ordered item month later it stopped working, opened a return, seller indicated they would send a replacement, never received. it would be nice if ebay would have help through chat or email, having to call and be on hold for 1/2 hour or longer then ha...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors