Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Disrespectful seller

I bought a item that wasn't shipped on time the seller didn't even let me know that he was out of town, it was a Amtrak passenger car with lights that didn't state that the lights did not work. When I told the seller that I was new to train hobbying ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 3 helpful

Robbed by Seller and eBay.

I placed an order early August for the new Tool album for $50, it has since went up to $100+ everywhere.At the time the listing stated that the item would ship near/around August 30th. I received a package fromthe seller with mint flavored dental pla...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Weird Magnifying Glass in The Search Bar

Hey guys I am having a problem it started a few weeks ago and can't seem to find out what is causing it. I use google chrome. It is a magnifying glass in the search bar that is very annoying, because when I click to edit a search term the words shift...

Micro Innovations HQK Bits 9001 Wired Ps_2 Keyboard for sale online _ eBay - Google Chrome 2019-07-06 19.12.33.png

Resolved! Can't Checkout item

I've been trying to buy an item but no matter how many times I try to pay, nothing happens. When I press confirm and pay, the button just greys out and no error is even displayed. Anything I can do?

Resolved! How to exclude search terms consistently

I'm currently trying to set up some saved searches to hunt for rare items, and the exclude function in eBay is refusing to work. I've tried modifying searches I've already put in by adding an exclude term, but it removes items that do not include the...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Bought an US based item asked to return to China. Help.

My wife bought an item listed in US and wanted to return it (seller stated return accepted in 30 days). Seller repeately offered partial refund and refused her return request. After opening an return case with ebay, seller sent an address in China fo...

Frustrated

So I check out all the people selling an item I want. I view all the prices and feedback before choosing. It's between two. I choose the one that is asking a few bucks more but has 100% feedback compared to the other one. I order it and BOOM eBay has...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

UX bug when bidding on items with shipping restrictions and a buyer has multi-country shipping

I maintain residences in the USA and Germany.I frequently travel back and forth.I have shipping addresses on file with ebay in both countries...but of course there is only one default shipping address and that happens to be Germany.buy-it-now type au...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer doesnt ship to me and doesnt respond

So i bought an item and it doesnt ship to me or anywhere so i contacted the seller but he doesnt respond so now i cant pay and i will an unpaid item case. ITS A VIRTUAL ITEM WITH NO SHIPPING

Issue with a purchase

Recently bought a watch which was described as being 36mm, it is actually 33mm (big difference in case size for a watch). I messaged the seller and have heard nothing yet, likely due to the time change. What is the next step from here? I want to prot...

How to appeal a refund case refusal?

So Im really mad right now cause after several weeks my refund case has been refused by ebay. Very short abrupt sentence saying Im not getting a refund & case closed. So Ive lost my payment & the product which i returned (but only had proof of postin...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unethical seller and Liar seller

This is a shameless seller. The quality of the product has serious problems. When I asked for a return, the seller asked me to take a photo, I sent it to the seller, and secondly, let me return it. I returned the operation. Later, the seller told me ...

webwxgetmsgimg (2).jpg webwxgetmsgimg (3).jpg webwxgetmsgimg (4).jpg webwxgetmsgimg (5).jpg

Bought a item but seller has no information about it

Hi there! I bought an item , it was charge to my card but in the recent purchase list does not appear, I sent a message to the seller and has no idea of the purchase, what can I do? This is the first time that such a thing hapens to me.

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

PACKAGE ARRIVED TORN AND EMPTY

My husband purchased a cell phone a few days ago from a seller who has been in business here since 2009 but only has one feedback [ positive ] . So yesterday the package a 8 by 10 bubble mailer with a tracking number arrived torn open and empty . The...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors