cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

So I check out all the people selling an item I want.  I view all the prices and feedback before choosing.  It's between two.  I choose the one that is asking a few bucks more but has 100% feedback compared to the other one.  I order it and BOOM eBay has removed the listing.  So I have to wait until the date it's supposed to arrive and then the process to get a refund to complete if it doesn't arrive before I can get a refund and before ordering another one elsewhere.  This has happened twice in the past week.  Really no answer for this ... just frustrated and had to whine a bit.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Frustrated

BEWARE The seller could have 100% feedback that's meaningless.   Check to see if it's feedback for selling or buying.  Has the account been selling actively or is it from a dormant account? The seller could've sold just one item and have 100% feedback.  BEWARE when you buy from China.  Some of the listings have extended delivery times which could be a problem.

Go to PayPal and let them know the listing is removed and see if they'll let you open a case now.   They will if the seller has also been removed.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@luckykey3 wrote:

So I check out all the people selling an item I want.  I view all the prices and feedback before choosing.  It's between two.  I choose the one that is asking a few bucks more but has 100% feedback compared to the other one.  

Having 100% FB doesn't guarantee a successful transaction at all. I've been purchasing here for years and have had many issues with sellers with 100% FB. However I am happy to purchase from a seller with a couple of negs, once I look at the comments made.

Many times a buyer leaves a neg as a rating on the product and not the seller at all, so I ignore that neg. Selling online to the general public is full of inconsistencies and loonies out there who love to leave negative remarks because they are having a bad day. You shouldn't base your buying on the overall % but look at the neg comments first. You may be the one to lose in the end. 

I also look at whether the seller posted a reply to the neg. If they did that is usually the death sign for me and I move on. Sellers just don't realize how much worse they make themselves look by posting angry, rude comments back to the buyer, WRITING IN ALL CAPS, and using ten exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!- That was only to make my point,  LOL....

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

We can't see what you are buying or compare the sellers you looked at. BUT there has been some good advice already posted. 

#1 You need to read the feedback not just look at the percentage. 

#2 You need to check and see if they have built their feedback on buying or selling. 

#3 If you see Neutrals or Negs try to understand the situation behind them. I also check the sellers replies to these and in general their feedback left for others.

I would rather deal with a current seller with lower feedback that replies calmly and professionally than one with higher feedback that replies with a rant or profanity. I might even take them over a seller with 100% that has been a ghost for a couple years. And I say that as a seller that has some ghost ID's ( I have separate ID's for different things like clothing, media, glassware), If a category becomes non productive (or boring) I'll switch it up for a while. IMO there is no use listing fine china going into summer when everyone is entering BBQ mode, but going into the Holliday season is a different story.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

Are you sure what you're purchasing is allowed to be sold on eBay 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@luckykey3 

Was just the item removed? Or was the seller also removed?

If the item was removed, then you would have to wait until after estimated delivery (as the seller is still a seller on eBay, just the item was removed, so they may still ship it).

If the seller was removed (purchase history would show "seller is no longer registered") then you can contact eBay CS and they should be able to help you sooner.

If you need, you can click here to have eBay CS Call you (this is a link from the Help and Contact Page).

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

I have been selling and buying on eBay for many years so I have done all that you have suggested. It wasn't a total surprise when the first one was taken off eBay but it was for the second one ... and both of them  had both the item and themselves removed from eBay by eBay.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

Whether or not a seller is no longer registered @luckykey3 when a listing has been removed, you don't need to have eBay call you: You can start a refund request right away, whether or not there's a not-yet-here estimated delivery date, or a haven't-moved-yet tracking number.

Click I didn't get it under More actions to the right of your missing item at the bottom of your Purchases page. Start the request, then if there's no refund or no response after 3 business days, come back and click Ask eBay to step on me.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@ste-9405 there are some purchases that don't give a tracking number only that it was shipped. The first one that was taken off ebay said it was shipped so I had to wait to see if it was going to be delivered by the date it was given to be delivered. It never arrived so I've started a claim of which I have to wait 3 days for the seller (who's no longer a member) to reply before I can ask for a refund. The same thing with the second one that just happened a few days ago so I'm still waiting to see if it's going to arrive before I can start a claim. And I don't want to find one elsewhere and end up getting two. This is what is frustrating.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

Click on Order Details: Notice it says No Estimate Available?

http://images.weserv.nl/?url=community.ebay.com/ebay01/attachments/ebay01/MemberToMember/90429/1/QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720150728111211.jpg

You don't have to wait for a non-existent Estimated Delivery Date to start a refund request.

And if the item arrives and it's exactly as described @luckykey3 after you get the refund, you can always repay your missing seller.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@ste-9405 But would it it arrives and I'v already bought another one? That's another reason why I wait to see if it's going to arrive. And I've never seen an item without either a price or free shipping. Ebay is going nuts with all the fees and taxes and now higher prices on shipping. And don't forget China. I'm giving things away. No wait ... I'm practically paying people to take my stuff at times. That's how bad it's getting.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@luckykey3 wrote:
The same thing with the second one that just happened a few days ago

On your Order Details page, what's the estimated date shown for this second one?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

It says the item has been shipped. Supposed to be here Oct 10. So I don't have to wait too much longer to find out if it's going to arrive. But the one before this also said the item had been shipped. But never arrived. I do get some that don't give tracking numbers and these were two of them.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Frustrated

@ste-9405 wrote:

Click on Order Details: Notice it says No Estimate Available?

http://images.weserv.nl/?url=community.ebay.com/ebay01/attachments/ebay01/MemberToMember/90429/1/QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720150728111211.jpg

You don't have to wait for a non-existent Estimated Delivery Date to start a refund request.

And if the item arrives and it's exactly as described @luckykey3 after you get the refund, you can always repay your missing seller.

When it says no estimate available you have the wait 7 days to open a case for domestic transactions and 30 days for international 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 14 of 14
latest reply