cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a item but seller has no information about it

Hi there! I bought an item , it was charge to my card but in the recent purchase list does not  appear, I sent a message to the seller and has no idea of the purchase,  what can I do? This is the first time that such a thing hapens to me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's possible there is a delay in ebay updating your Purchase History.  Does the purchase show now?  If not, check again later.  Did you use Paypal to pay for the purchase?  If so, you can also check your Paypal account.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

First make sure the item isn't showing in the "Cancellation" history. That can sometimes happen. Also, if it's been less than 30 minutes be patient.

If it has been more than 30 minutes then I would check your Shopping Cart. Sometimes when you place an order the order can fail after the fact. If this happens eBay will update the "Order Details" in the purchase history so when you click on it you'll see that the payment for that item did not go through. When that happens the item goes back into your shopping cart so you can try to checkout again, so I would just see if it's in your shopping cart still.

If it's in none of those places and the seller has no record, confirm with eBay (866-540-3229) that they can find the order and what is going on with it. It could be it just didn't complete correctly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are prohibited from posting ebay's telephone number, unless there has been a recent change in policy.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I was not aware of that. Generally I do the "Have us call you" feature. I'll check the policies and then make sure I can at least post that. I feel like if the answer is in a Help page, we can post the help page link, and if the only option is to call eBay, then we should be able to post the eBay Phone Number for them to call. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at the user agreement and board rules to make sure I am following properly. Cheers!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

You are prohibited from posting ebay's telephone number, unless there has been a recent change in policy.

Really? Anytime you want to contact eBay you are given their phone number.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply