Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Can I prove I sent a message to seller on the payment page?

I had to request a size for a shirt, so I put my message on the payment page for the seller to see. Seller sent the default size, not the size requested, and says they did not see my message. I am not going to spend more money to get another shirt, s...

Seller refuses to process payment and sell item

I won an item last Monday night from a seller who it turns out does not take Paypal. He processes his own cards through a super sketchy web page. Okay this is strange, who in their right mind doesn't take Paypal. So I send my card data through he tel...

item removed

after bidding on an item I won after only 2 bids and sometimes make the minimum bid and there are no other bids so I won at a low price. Next day I get an Email the item was removed by seller saying item is no longer available. Two days later it show...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

i need help

i try paying for somthing i won it tells me seller not accepting right now and seller sent me a email address and told me his pay pal is set up there this does not sound right can anyone help me

Resolved! how to resend small payment

Hi, I bought $3 reading glasses in January. Free shipping from China estimated by end of March. Didn't arrive. So last week I politely inquired; they immediately refunded. Then (guess I should have waited) the item arrived Saturday.Minor issue in eve...

Resolved! The seller does not respond to my letters

The seller offers the product I want to buy. But instead of the product itself, the seller posted photos of the instructions, not the product itself. And he wrote that the goods are in stock and that, on demand, the seller can send photos of the good...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stop the price gouging on toilet paper

It should not cost 2 weeks of food for a family of 5 for 1 pack of toilet paper EBAY needs to stop this NOW add: TOILET PAPER to your list thk you

Bid on item, won item and item disappeared from sight.

Good evening. Hope everyone is well. I came across an item while surfing. I hadn’t been watching it and the bidding was almost over. I placed a bid and won. The site wouldn’t load. After a while it showed I won and when I clicked on purchased Item, i...

Seller Cancelled Order, refunded payment and now is harassing me for payment

This is so weird. I won an auction for baseball cards a week ago, got an invoice from the Seller and paid immediately (under $40). The money was taken out of my bank account. I get an email a day later from Seller stating he had to refund the payment...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay gloats on their money back guarantee. What if I want the item I paid for? no answer for that!

I had recently purchased an item which I needed. It was a best offer which the seller agreed to. I did not receive the item within the estimated arrival date. I waited for over two days after the estimated arrival day. I reached out to the seller, an...

eBay should take down all Sprint Magic Box listings

Sprint Magic Boxes are Sprint's property and cannot be sold to anyone else. In fact they are given out for free from Sprint. Anyone buying one is just wasting money and is possibly illegal. All Magic Boxes are tied to Sprint accounts and when you end...

ebay no longer protecting buyers?

I bought price gouged toilet paper from a seller and paid immediately (it was for my girlfriend who lives in another state. I couldn't find any here and she couldn't find any there). Several days go by and the item isn't shipped, I contact the seller...

Resolved! I made a "best offer" on auction, seller unresponsive, auction almost over

Quick question, I made an offer on an auction (or b.o.) listing so I could get it shipped faster. The seller has not responded. The auction is about to end now for CONSIDERABLY lower than my offer, can the seller wait until the final moment to accept...

If i close paypal case, can i open ebay case after?

I recently dealt with a seller who absolutely refused to communicate in any way. I opened a paypal case, because he refused to honor cancellation request, and on top he shipped 6 days late, ignoring my repeated messages and an open case with paypal.S...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors