Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help

I purchased a qr code from a seller and they sent a pic of a used qr code. I tried to get back to the seller but they never responded

Resolved! Your item is on it's way........................

"Your item is on its wayIt looks like the item is on its way and should arrive by May 01, 2020. If you don't receive it by then, please contact the seller or come back to us so we can help you." This item was bought back in February. Resolution Cente...

Covid-19 causes problems on shipping goods from Greece

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and under state laws, Hellenic post has postponed shipping to a large number of countries. Hellenic post has issued a chart with the countries which can be still served. These are the countries:Albania, Australia, Austria...

Resolved! Advice for possible scam

I purchased a set of two spiral bound books for a class I was starting. The seller only had one rating but this was his only listing and there are a lot of new sellers now - especially those with educational materials. The price was good but not "too...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Got a refund for an item that was removed after purchase, then invalid tracking, but delivered today

At the end of March, I purchased an item which shortly got removed by eBay, so I immediately contacted the seller to request a cancellation because I was worried about the product being defective or bad practices by the seller (essentially, that ther...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Suspected scam, what to do?

So shame on me for trying to buy something too good to be true, but I bought an item for an amazing deal from china. The item was shipped the next day but no tracking was provided. I wrote the seller to see if I could get any tracking info (and just ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller asks Me to cancel the transaction

I won an auction and paid immediately.After few hours the seller informs me that he miscalculated the shipping cost for overseas shipment.And he asks me to cancel the transaction.I suppose he asks me that because he wants to avoid eBay cancelation fe...

Resolved! No delivery no refund + feedback removed

I live in Ireland and I purchased an item on the 16th of March 2020 and it didn't arrive in 16 days as It had 7-16 delivery days on the listing. I contacted the seller to ask for tracking number , he told me there was no number and i was advise to wa...

Scams everywhere. Ebay is complicit.

Bought two items. Fake UPS tracking numbers from BOTH sellers were provided. It will shows delivery in progress but it was never delieved and never will be. Do not buy off Ebay. This website is a SCAM. 90++% chance you will not receive anything. Do n...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

There's a "Chat With Us" Option?

Due to something I saw/read on the Weekly Chat thread,I went looking.....On the Help&Contact Page,if you click on Contacting PayPal (Popular Article),scroll down past the white PayPal button@the bottom of the page,click "Other Options", there's a "Ch...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Is it time for ebay to extend their 30 day protection?

So I have finally been affected by the delay in shipping. Today's seller has informed me that due to the current covid situation, some shipments are taking 35-45 days to ship. My product is 35ish days past due. I requested a refund. Seller says they ...

VAT on goods to Norway

Ebay is charging a 25% tax on all items to Norway, even though it har been specified that this is not applicable for all items. Link to the announcement where it clearly says that there are no taxation on books or newspapers: https://www.google.com/u...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

blocked form bidding..?

Im not new to ebay - but a new account holder - im bidding on an item- and with out reason- suddenly Im am resticted for a year..? I do not know what made me suspect ..I am very aware all bidding is a bidinng to pay ...can someone who runs $$ making ...

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.38.56 AM.png

Resolved! I made the mistake of opening a return for an item that was coming from China not LA

Basically I confronted a seller about these nose bridges for face masks coming from China and not LA. Well its not even coming from China because it was a scam. I filed a return before it arrived because I am using these to make face masks and I didn...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors