Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Do you have to pay a sales tax if you win on a bidded item?

Hi guys, I have been looking at graphics cards on ebay over the past few weeks, always have wondered if i would still need to pay a sales tax if i happened to win the bid. This gives me a good idea on the grand grand total of the item and if i still ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Why does ebay constantly pester me about items I looked at.

I am so tired of them spamming me about things I looked at. There are times I will look at something for no real reason, maybe to check the price or see what the market is or maybe even to just look. But I dont do this nearly as much as I use to and ...

Resolved! Almost there Before you buy, we need a little more information

Hello everyone I’m not able to place an order although I’m logged in. I receive this message : “Almost there , Before you buy, we need a little more information” and the when I hit Continue I land on a blank page with the word register . Anyone exper...

eBay removing my honest and critical negative feedback about a transaction at sellers request

I utilize eBay's feedback system, leaving feedback for almost every single transaction I make, and very very rarely leave neutral or negative feedback. If I do leave feedback that isn't positive, I always try to work with the seller first. In that, I...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Seized by USPS for cntrft pstg

Tracking update I've never seen before. Just an item I ordered on December 17. I'm not sure about the abbreviation but it looks like "counterfeit postage" to me. First expected delivery date was December 23 and it looked like it would happen. It got ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bad Listings with bad item numbers according to eBay

HI, I found 3 identical listing for a Canon 5ds camera camera being sold from Brazil under 3 separate sellers all with Zero feedback. The cameras sold for way below fair market value and only as buy it now. I tried to report it to eBay and there item...

How to register as tax exempt on E-bay

Trying to figure out how to register my business as tax exempt on E-bay. Bought some scrap silver the other day and because it was not listed in the coins/bullion catagory I was charged tax even tho it was obviously scrap bullion.. Thanks Dach.

Ebay still allows this basic scam

I truly don't understand. I bought an item from a seller with a perfect rating who had been operating for over 10 years, so I thought I was making a good choice.He ignored every message and never sent me the tracking number.Only after it was "deliver...

Contacting eBay

Apparently eBay doesn't want you to contact them!! All the automated crap shows that!! A seller cancelled an order without letting me know. Have not heard anything at all. Tried to file a compliant, online of course, but get an error about a problem,...

Ebay won’t give me my money back from a scammer

 I purchased a gpu for 421$ Almost 3 weeks ago the seller said 1-3 day fast shipping. The item was never sent out. 2 weeks later after messaging the seller 5 times with no replies. The tracking number randomly says shipped then delivered to my city. ...

Card Price Guide Vanished

The card price guide feature has disappeared on my eBay app. An eBay rep told me it’s not available on his app either and suggested I post about it here for others with the issue to report it

FedEx tracking scam resolution help

Good day all. For the first time I was subjected to the Seller tracking number scam. Ebay first sided with the seller then after Appealing case sided with the buyer "Me" FedEx confirmated that this is very common and that signature required will not ...

Resolved! Seller raised shipping cost after I placed my bid -- UNFAIR!. Is this allowed?

I placed a bid on Friday 06/09/2023 for an auction ending 2:56 PM Monday 06/12/2023. I saved a copy of the web page showing shipping cost at $35.84. Today, 06/11/2023 I noticed the seller raised the shipping cost by $11.00 to $46.84. Is this allowed?...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors