Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller unresponsive to coordinate pickup on paid-for item

I have purchased an item opting for a local pick up. I chose "buy it now," and paid for the item immediately via Paypal 5 days ago. I have sent a message every day asking for pick up details with no response. Aside from sending more messages to the s...

Custom duty in india

if i buy an iphone from eba.com being in india and want to ship iphone in india, will there be any custom duty?. Ipone is not new, its pre-owned iphone.

Scammer cancelled order after shipping, said item "stolen" in transit. No refund issued. What now?

So this is actually a continuation of my issue with a pretty sophisticated international scammer here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Strange-Seller-claiming-item-stolen-in-transit-wants-me-to-open/m-p/31081179#M320212 To sum up the post, he ba...

Fake pumas

Hi all, somebody has sold me a fake pair of pumas and is refusing a refund. Is there anything i can do about it. Thank you.

canceling bid

Hi, Please can any one help me to cancel a bid that i later realized, not compatible to my requirement. thank you

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buying

Hi ive just purchased a cd advertised at 2.73p ..went through usual routes to pay then ..had email from paypal invoicing me for 13 pound something ..contacted selker says i cant cancel order ..how can this be right

Coupon not working

eBay sent me a coupon code and it doesn’t expire until the 23rd. When I go to check out it keeps saying that the code is invalid. How do I get it to work?

BUYING

I've been an E-bayer for many yrs and have found when searching for an item if there is a picture of US flag on item picture or maybe says us seller, beware this is usually based out of country {Ch. }and you may never recieve it or a sorry excuse for...

Seller Declines Offer and Raises the Price Drastically. Fishy?

So I'm trying to get a toy car from a popular movie, and it is listed for $9.68, has no bids, and has a make an offer. I sent in an offer of $9. This morning I get a message that my offer was declined and now the item is $39.99, but still no bids. I'...

Resolved! I won a bid against myself? (raised max bid and no other new bids)

I searched and read over a dozen other questions and didn't find a clear answer. (bid history attached) I had a winning bid of $26.26. Someone had bid just under my max of 26.26, so I bid again to raise my max to 33.33. So the bid was still at 26.26....

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Item Received Months After Refund Issued.

I ordered something that was marked as shipped but then had absolutely no activity on the tracking number for weeks. I requested a refund and got one, but a couple weeks later the item showed up at my door. The box is damaged, and it's been long enou...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors