cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the --->RETURN THIS ITEM<--- so large and the Leave Feedback so small?

Also, how do we get rid of these annoying Nag Elements, such as that annoying HELP Box?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Because ebay would rather place the emphasis on a RETURN vs. a buyer happy with what they bought and a seller happy with what they sold.

Which is another reason why the people who run ebay are clueless. If i accept returns and process it the right way, I get my FVF back and ebay gets NOTHING on the sale. I assume its the same thinking that buyers make this site.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Because no one leaves feedback anymore anyway, especially buyers...seriously though, clicking on returns initiates an action that can potentially avoid having to leave negative feedback and an action that theoretically should be taken before leaving neg feedback, therefore logically it (return item) should be larger.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@pf9000 wrote:

Also, how do we get rid of these annoying Nag Elements, such as that annoying HELP Box?

Because it is an important element in the 'programing' of sheeple, repeating the lie, repeating the 'can't trust anyone' ideology.  The more items you buy the more of these messages you see. 

Goebbels would be proud of 'em.

Some sheeple are proper idiots and have no capacity for clear thinking, decoding the rhetoric and identifying applied psychology tricks.  The use of the word 'program' should be enough to trigger suspicion... but no.  Seems the sheeple really are dumb and docile.

How many of these 'programs' and 'improvements' are there now? 

It seems to be a common theme now - dis-trust. 

Once it was all warm and fuzzy 'community values'... now it's sell the 'solution' to the 'scam problem' they helped create.   And ebay and cohorts do very nicely out of these 'programs'. Global Shipping Program is one of them... eg. is all sold on 'easy' but fundamentally comes down to breeding dis-trust.

With this 'returns' button every action initiates a 'case'.  Yes? 

Same thing happens via 'contact seller'  if you have purchased something.  An innocuous looking question link - 'havent received yet' - opens a case. No wonder sellers get intimidated. 

What happened to 'contact seller' being just that... rather than auto-piloting to a dispute case? 

Really lousy.

As far as kill the nagging help box.

I'll try blocking the 'element' via firefox and adblock later today... tomorrow.. after a sleep.

Might work. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have a shirt.... "Don't be a Sheeple."

No, really, I do.

grinning

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

As far as kill the nagging help box.

I'll try blocking the 'element' via firefox and adblock later today... tomorrow.. after a sleep.

Might work. 

Ok, got rid of some of it.

Using Firefox with adblock+

right click on the box > copy link location > right click ABP icon >  Block element > paste copied link location.

The link location is

The blue 'Help' tag remains but the box below is gone.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

A Blue stated in a thread that the Return this item button is larger because they want it very easy for buyers who want to return to see it and do so.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thats just a one liner excuse.  

The true reason and intent is to reinforce the sales pitch , based on a fear campaign.

Formerly, this button was the function of 'leave feedback'.

I don't buy the 'helps avoid leaving Neg. or Neutral FB' argument.

All smart sellers include in their descriptions a request to contact if there is any issues prior to leaving FB or less than 5 star rating.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@phono_0490xxxxxx wrote:

Thats just a one liner excuse.  

The true reason and intent is to reinforce the sales pitch , based on a fear campaign.

Formerly, this button was the function of 'leave feedback'.

I don't buy the 'helps avoid leaving Neg. or Neutral FB' argument.

All smart sellers include in their descriptions a request to contact if there is any issues prior to leaving FB or less than 5 star rating.

I'm sorry but I never said, helps avoid a neg or neutral feedback; that was another poster.   Please see post #4.  I just quoted what the Blue said in a thread, that they want returns to be easy and that is why that button is large, so that the buyer can clearly see it.  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

no_mouth

So?

The points are:

• "wants returns easy"  is a superficial one line excuse - rationalisation.
  • I can decode the rhetoric and do not 'buy' it.
  • The now big blue 'Return' button was 'Leave Feedback'.
  • Any reasonable individual would contact the other party prior to leaving FB that may affect the resolution of dispute.
  • It does not follow that the 'Return' button helps avoid [as we all can see who posted what] rash FB postings,
  • The 'contact seller' links now go to a page with a number of options, most that initiate an official ebay dispute process. Do this for a simple inform seller it hasn't arrived soon concern and it's straight onto this not so amusing merry-go-round,
  • I see the false dichotomy presented if you get on the merry-go round or down many of these dispute process 'rabbit holes' especially when it isn't made clear your options to dispute a matter further cannot follow if you inadvertently [by misunderstand] hit a 'close case' [or words to that effect] button,
  • I see a progression [regression] from the warm and fuzzy 'community values' to 'nobody trust anyone except ebay',
  • I see no reason to trust the likes of a Real Estate agent who gains from an inflation of prices. ie. ebay and it's paid 'programed' reps.  I can't explain the 'fan boyz' mentality of some folks, frankly.
  • I see no reason to trust those who breed distrust, alienate, and enforce unreasonable conditions on both buyers and sellers.
  • Having experience with ebay Customer Service [both on phone and 'chat' screen where the operator is seemingly following a script, providing dubious advice or is generally 'thick as a brick',] I loose confidence any problem that may arise from many of these 'programs' and 'improvements' and 'policy/rules' ebay introduce with inherent flaws can and will be sorted out quickly and fairly.   That can easily change to NO CONFIDENCE.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Another attempt by eBay to prove they can guess what we want to know.

Today I left feedback for two items bought from me.

Leave Feedback was the first option on one item but I had to go to the drop down box on the seond item and search for it.  Add it to the 'why do you do this" list.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Today I left feedback for three items sold to me from same seller - combined shipped.

I go to my feedback page > copy a relevant past comment > return to summary 'Orders' list > select post 'feedback' on one of these listings > paste and amend comment [for a my use coded item description] > post FB > goes to a new page that has 'post more FB' link > goes to a list of 'Orders' items... some unpaid, some paid, some undelivered > I repeat paste and amend for the other 2 items in the same consignment [taking care not to post for the unpaid one there] > post FB > return to summary page to find 1 only FB addition to my count... but 3 FB entries posted by seller [probably done auto].

Don't you get the 'post more FB page' with multiple items in a list as a seller?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I just repeated what the Blue said.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply