cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a seller abuses USPS supplies eBay removes my negative feedback, why?

I am sick of sellers abusing USPS supplies. They uses priority mail envelopes as padding. Put priority mail boxes inside out. Ship fedex with USPS boxes. etc.

There was a story a few days ago that USPS is considering getting rid of free supplies because of all of the abuse.

I have been leaving negative feedback whenever a seller abuses USPS supplies but eBay keeps removing the feedback if the seller calls in and complains. Why does eBay keep doing that? All this is doing is encouraging sellers to keep abusing USPS.

These sellers are going to ruin free supplies for everyone. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: When a seller abuses USPS supplies eBay removes my negative feedback, why?

@wto8585 wrote:

I recently received a package that used 10 new USPS padded envelopes for the padding. E-Bay didn't care, I could not find anywhere on the USPS site about this misuse of their shipping supplies. If sellers keep doing this wasteful act we will be paying for our shipping supplies and have to add that cost to our buyers. Everyone loses.

I'd be happy to get that,  Sometimes I run out of them.  Now if the seller ripped them up, that would not be a happy thing.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@usgamecollector wrote:

I am sick of sellers abusing USPS supplies. They uses priority mail envelopes as padding. Put priority mail boxes inside out. Ship fedex with USPS boxes. etc.

There was a story a few days ago that USPS is considering getting rid of free supplies because of all of the abuse.

I have been leaving negative feedback whenever a seller abuses USPS supplies but eBay keeps removing the feedback if the seller calls in and complains. Why does eBay keep doing that? All this is doing is encouraging sellers to keep abusing USPS.

These sellers are going to ruin free supplies for everyone. 

Why waste your energy on battles you can't win? 

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Complaining to Ebay about the misuse of USPS material will do you about as much good as complaining to the USPS about Ebay making all listings GTC.

Waste of time.    

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

It is OK to use USPS Priority Mail Padded envelopes as padding as long as you are shipping via Priority Mail.  That is not abuse.  That is actually using the supplies as intended.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

It is OK to use USPS Priority Mail Padded envelopes as padding as long as you are shipping via Priority Mail.  That is not abuse.  That is actually using the supplies as intended.

I can't agree with that.  The envelopes are intended to be used as envelopes, not padding.   The USPS expects a certain amount of revenue from every box, envelope, etc.   The post office cannot get that revenue if the envelope is just being padding.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

An argument could be made that padded envelopes used as padding could still be usable as they were intended.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply