cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys think about this?

So...around a month ago i found some quite reputable seller selling backpacks for super cheap prices. I thought that he looked legit since he had a very strong ratio of positive-to-negative reviews as well as lots of them. Also i thought that the backpacks were cheap because they were from China so i suspected nothing.
Anyway, after buying a couple of different backpacks from auction ( and for a low price ), i got the "shipped" message and i didn't visit ebay since that time.  A couple of weeks later, i come back and see no update on tracked items but i still didn't think much of it because in the past i got my items without tracking numbers being updated at all. BUT THEN... i check the profile of the seller and see this:

Take a look at the negative reviews in the past month. They SKYROCKETED, and everyone started calling this guy a scammer, saying they did not receive the item or that it got shipped to "wrong address" or similar things. Here are some of the examples ( but you can just take a look at the seller's page yourself ) :

I guess there's that, i contacted seller and i'll see if he responds but i kind of doubt he will. If that happens, i'll open up a paypal case against him, i already did so against other scammers in the past and have won them. What do you guys think about this situation. How the hell did this guy get all those positive reviews, is that a hacked profile? Bots? Please share your thoughts with me because this is the first time i encountered this.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The first item not received case that you open needs to be with eBay, not with Paypal.

Prefer not to speculate about the issue here because I have no clue, just wanted to assure you that ALL buyers have the Money Back Guarantee which is available for your reading pleasure in every eBay listing.

Personally, I think ALL buyers should read it, preferably before their first eBay purchase.

And it wouldn't hurt sellers to do the same.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There are good and bad sellers in every business. Just file a not received for a refund. Sorry you seemed to have gotten scammed. Most sellers are legit and really do care about their buyers.  Have a good day.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

The first item not received case that you open needs to be with eBay, not with Paypal.

Prefer not to speculate about the issue here because I have no clue, just wanted to assure you that ALL buyers have the Money Back Guarantee which is available for your reading pleasure in every eBay listing.

Personally, I think ALL buyers should read it, preferably before their first eBay purchase.

And it wouldn't hurt sellers to do the same.  

It doesn't look like an eBay seller though- that's some site I've never heard of before.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Bad news. You're probably gonna get screwed like everyone else.

Good news. You're covered by ebay's money back guarantee. You'll eventually get your money back. 

Good luck.

Bye Bye Love - The Cars
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

If i wanted to open a case with ebay, i would have waited 2 more months, till last date comes. By the time i opened a case with paypal, it was 100% certain that i've been scammed. I opened a case with them, showed them the proof ( among the other things the seller left the ebay, he deleted his page and listings ) so , after a week of seller not responding, i got a refund from paypal, you should try it too, in case you're certain that you've been scammed and don't want to wait 2-3 months for the expiration date.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

looks like a possible account takeover

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Probably the seller ran into some cataclysmic situation given all the bad feedback is recent. Could be sick, could be dead, could be locked up, who knows.

Open a claim on eBay and you'll get a refund.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You can't open a claim until the expired date arrives ( which is end of august - start of september ) and i do not plan on waiting that long , so i started a claim with paypal instead, if they do not respond in 7 days, i get a refund from them.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply