cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you need to know

Simple is better, especially when it comes to your buyers’ checkout experience on eBay. That's why, starting in June, we're adding Venmo to our lineup of convenient and popular payment options available at checkout. Known for its popularity among Gen Z and Millenials, Venmo as a form of payment will help you attract a larger customer base. 

Once buyers have linked their Venmo account to their eBay account, they can sail through checkout in one click without manually entering their payment details in subsequent transactions, which means higher conversion and more sales for you. Buyers can also share their latest purchases with friends, bringing more visibility for your business. 

See for yourself how quick and easy it is to checkout with Venmo. 

seller_news_team_0-1719347001459.gif

Buyers love Venmo, and here’s why you will too

Over 90 million customers are already using Venmo

You can reach new buyers on eBay by offering a payment method they know and trust. 

Win over Gen Z and Millennials

The majority of Venmo customers are between the ages of 18 and 34, which gives you access to a younger demographic that embraces flexible payment options.  

One-click checkout 

Once your buyer has linked their Venmo account to eBay, they can conveniently pay for their order with a single click, driving higher conversion.

Maximize your sales on mobile 

Did you know that over 60% of orders are placed on the eBay app? Venmo’s mobile-first approach makes it easy for your buyers to speed through the checkout process.

More eyes on your business
Venmo’s social sharing feature lets your buyers share their latest eBay purchase with their friends on the app. This can help create more awareness about your business on eBay. 

No credit card? No problem

Buyers can pay with their Venmo balance, which gives you the chance to tap into a customer base who may not use credit cards. 

FAQs

Do I need to set up a Venmo account? 

No, eBay sellers don’t need to create a Venmo account. You’ll continue to receive your payouts through your preferred payment method. 

If I have a Venmo account, can I link it to my eBay account to receive my payouts?

No, you currently can’t use a Venmo account to receive your funds. 

Is Venmo available to all buyers on eBay?

No, Venmo is only available to buyers located in the US. 

Is Venmo available as the default payment method for offers and auctions?

Yes, Venmo is now available as a preferred form of payment for offers and auctions.