cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure What To Do--Seller From Hong Kong/Language Barrier

Back in April, I ordered some Rement Miniatures from a seller in Hong Kong. I figured they would take a long time to get to CA, but they arrived surprisingly quickly. Exactly as described, carefully packed. So I ordered some more from the same seller. Again, they arrived quite fast for them to be coming from Hong Kong. Also, the return address was a town in NJ which I thought was odd. Does anyone know why this might be?

These transactions having gone so well, I thought nothing of ordering from a different seller in Hong Kong. Well, that hasn't gone so well. I ordered on June 15 and shortly afterward got the following message from the seller:

"For customers whose shipment is on hold due to the effect of coronavirus

All Temporary suspension of international airmail delivery to U.S.A.

Shipment holds will continue.

Please wait for a while as the items will be shipped from our shop as soon as the shipment of Hong Kong Post is resumed.

Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause.
Thank you very much."

On July 2, I sent her a message to see if they had started sending packages again and received no reply. I figured I'd wait a while and sent her another message this week. Her reply:

"Thank you for your message. Your order three items. Now I have not ship now. I am very sorry.

Due to the effect of coronavirus all temporary suspension of international airmail to United States of Hong Kong Post office.

Because some parts of West Coast areas in United States have resumed from last week as airlines gradually scale up their air traffic capacity.

Now the airmail delivery Service to United States are confirmed with postcode with ranging 81300 to 93999 temportorarily.

I think the delivery will coming to other USA areas.

You don't want wait it . I can cancel the order, refund for you.

You can consider it. I will wait your reply to me."

I took this to mean that she had not shipped the items, because the post office in Hong Kong was not shipping to the US. Here's the thing though--that original seller in Hong Kong? I've ordered from her *twice* since I ordered from this lady and received those items relatively quickly (around 2 weeks).

I asked for a refund and she asked if I saw it in the Resolution Center.  Nothing is there. What should I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unsure What To Do--Seller From Hong Kong/Language Barrier

Some of the China sellers are blaming the pandemic for slow/nonexistent shipping.

Go to your Purchase History and click on Order Details next to the item title to see if the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed.

IF/WHEN the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed by at least 1 day, you have up to 30 days past estimated date of delivery to file the Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Center.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

• The seller has 3 business days to respond to your dispute. They will then have 2 business days to issue your refund.
  • If after 3 business days the seller hasn't responded or refuses to help you, you can ask Ebay to step in:  Find the item in your Purchase History. Select See Request Details, select Ask Ebay to step in.

If it is too late to file a dispute on Ebay, you can file the Item Not Received dispute in PAYPAL’s Resolution Center.

https://www.paypal.com/disputes/

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Some of the China sellers are blaming the pandemic for slow/nonexistent shipping.

Go to your Purchase History and click on Order Details next to the item title to see if the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed.

IF/WHEN the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed by at least 1 day, you have up to 30 days past estimated date of delivery to file the Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Center.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

• The seller has 3 business days to respond to your dispute. They will then have 2 business days to issue your refund.
  • If after 3 business days the seller hasn't responded or refuses to help you, you can ask Ebay to step in:  Find the item in your Purchase History. Select See Request Details, select Ask Ebay to step in.

If it is too late to file a dispute on Ebay, you can file the Item Not Received dispute in PAYPAL’s Resolution Center.

https://www.paypal.com/disputes/

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You don't need to know a second language to use buyer protections on ebay.

You hardly even need to be able to walk and chew gum to get your money back here.

Just open a INR as soon as possible.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply