Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I hate sellers that give a shipping number but haven't given the item to the shipper..

Nothing drives me crazy like sellers posting a shipping number but haven't given the item to the shipper and they sit on the item.They get the money right away and I get to wait. Ebay, This practice needs to STOP !And when you contact the seller abou...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller accuses me of changing item

I recently bought a jar of cream. Seller said it was old stock but perfectly ok. I noticed that the cream was a different colour to a jar of the same that I have. It looked like the cream because it was old had separated and was very discoloured and ...

Ebay allowing people buy from China infected with coronavirus?

not thinking about it i bought a video game from china a couple days ago. today i received a message from the seller, " OK.thank you very much.and china have virus.need wait About 10 Day shipping.thank you very much understand My friend!"i did not th...

Can't seem to get away from a BIN in my cart....Help

I bid on an item recently, and lo and behold I won it. I don't have the money to pay for it currently, so I asked the seller to cancel the sale. Seller has informed me that they cannot cancel the sale, and I cannot remove the item from my cart becaus...

Resolved! We removed this listing from the site..................

"We removed this listing from the site. For more information and next steps go to Messages. For information about delivery, view your order details." I received my item intact and in perfect condition. Went to leave feedback and this message was in t...

Has been over 90 days and Item not received

I purchased an item on ebay on April 10th. It is July 22nd, and the item has not arrived. It has been over 90days and I cannot contact the seller or get any help from ebay. What do I do?

Seller used my details to remove negative feedback

hi all,So i made a purchase then a week later I see it still hasn't been posted so I contacted the seller to see what's up. Seller says they ran out of stock and were expecting more soon. I waited. A month goes by and I contact the seller for an eta ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay's Money back guarantee does work

On Friday July 3rd I spent $180.00 with a seller in California. A shipping label was created on Monday July 6th and from then on it was nothing but crickets. Label not scanned, No movement apparently, at least not on scanning by the USPS After a few ...

Harrassment buy Seller

Hi,i need some help and want to get someone's input. I am a buyer & seller on here. I bought an item and messaged the seller as i did not receive and he responded in a very hostile manner. I replied back stating some facts as what he was stating was ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller sent tracking information in messages

I made a thread on a possible scam the seller may be doing to me earlier . However i received a message from the seller providing the tracking number and tracking it with USPS shows its where the seller is currently located at. i was wondering if sel...

A question about shill bidders and what ebay does (or more accurately) does not do to protect buyers

I recently had an offer accepted by a seller and I won the item (a rather expensive photo though about $100 less than I've seen similar photos sell for in the past). Sadly although I looked at their feedback rating (and it was good) I did not look at...

Order Not Shipped

I don’t order from eBay often so I don’t know how common this is but here goes : over a month ago I ordered an expensive collectible item for my birthday. The item was meant to be shipped within 20 days of payment, which it wasn’t, and I contacted th...

Resolved! Seller hasn't shipped the item

I bought a book on the 17th of last Friday for about 15 dollars and up to now. The seller hasn't shipped the item or provided a tracking number and ghosted 2 of my messages concerning when they will be shipped and did got a response. Claiming " They ...

Additional Postage Required

After an auction ends and a payment has been made, how can a seller modify the postage charge, with the consent of the buyer? Most shippers have an upcharge for box sizes, and recently, due to coronavirus, certain shipping channels develop delays. As...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors