cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Categories on the phone are missing on eBay stores app and on the browser

Hello,

1. When I shop on eBay using my cell phone and go to an eBay store, I cannot see the store categories anymore neither using eBay app nor the browsers. Also, Gallery images disappeared. This makes it difficult to shop. The same problem occurred on the desktop interface and it was fixed by eBay.

2. Another problem, when I find an eBay item using a browser on my phone and click on it, I go to that product page. However, I can't find a link in the product page that goes to the eBay store which sells that product. You can go to "other items sold by the seller" but then you go to a long list and you have to search for the item in the long list. And if I want to find another item for that seller in the same category or even in a different category, I can’t because a link to the store is missing. This also makes it difficult to shop.

Any idea if this is an issue on the eBay phone interface? I shop mainly on the phone and I think many people do so nowadays.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Store Categories on the phone are missing on eBay stores app and on the browser

1. Try by uninstalling and reinstalling the app first

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Store Categories on the phone are missing on eBay stores app and on the browser

2. For this also follow the steps in the first one. Lets see what can be done afterthat

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@calsamri,

In answer to #1,

You may have problems with the site because your phone has too many temporary internet files and and cookies on your device.  You should clear those out on a regular basis if you use your phone for shopping, news, streaming etc.  There are free utilities that will clear the files and cookie cache that are specific to operating systems.

In answer to #2,

When using your browser, you can click on See other items or Visit seller's store and on either of the pages that opens, in the left hand column there should be a list of categories the seller has listings in.  That will cut down on the number of items you have to search through.  If you go to a sellers store you can do a search in the store for an item. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you.
Reply to answer #1,
I have already cleared out those temporary internet files and cookies and I do on a regular basis. I even used different phones, one of them is brand new and does not have all those temporary internet files and cookies. I still cannot see the store categories nor I see the gallery images.

Reply to answer #2,
I cannot see a link to visit seller's store in the item page. eBay stores used to have, in the left hand column, a list of categories the seller has listings in. It was helpful to cut down on the number of items you have to search through. I don't see those categories anymore.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Try posting here as well:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/iOS-App/bd-p/iosapp

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

1. When I shop on eBay using my cell phone and go to an eBay store, I cannot see the store categories anymore neither using eBay app nor the browsers. This problem still exist. (note: The featured items/Gallery images have reappeared again after disappearing for a while and after my first posting.) This makes it difficult to shop without showing the store categories.

2. Another problem, when I find an eBay item using a browser on my phone and click on it, I go to that product page. However, I can't find a link in the product page that goes to the eBay store which sells that product. You can go to "other items sold by the seller" but then you go to a long list and you have to search for the item in the long list. (This problem still exist and needs to be solved by eBay because it makes it difficult to shop.)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply