cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers paying buyers to change negative feedback

In discussions with others on a facebook page related to the Moncler designer brand, there is a network of sellers on ebay with mass produced accurately copied counterfeits of these jackets and lately some accounts have been getting negative feedback for selling fakes but suddenly this feedback gets changed to a positive remark.  I have noticed this 5 times in the last month or so.

Anyways, someone on a facebook group purchased from them and returned it due to it being fake and left negative feedback, and he has an email from them offering $50 to change the feedback, 30 up front and 20 after it's done.  I would have to assume this is a huge policy violation that could result in suspension of the account but the link I found for reporting such activity is a broken link.

I assume it would be best for them just to call ebay and talk to someone or is there an actual form where they can report it without going through the hassle of the ebay phone system?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I take the 30 up front get them to send me the feedback revision link and then turn around and give them another neg saying that they paid me to change my feedback
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

If this cash back offer for feedback change wasnt made to you, why do you care? Myob.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

wrote:

If this cash back offer for feedback change wasnt made to you, why do you care? Myob.

Because I am very active in the community and have been working with buyers who purchase counterfeits to help them return them.  If you don't agree with it, you certainly can MYOB

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

This is an open forum, you dont get to pick and choose who responds.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

wrote:
I take the 30 up front get them to send me the feedback revision link and then turn around and give them another neg saying that they paid me to change my feedback

I do agree with this, and the buyer has hinted at accepting the $30 up front and then NOT changing the feedback, since after all, they are big time con artists.  However, they would not be able to leave another feedback based on that since there was only one sale.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

It’s a broken link for you because you weren’t in the transaction. She/he would need to be the one to report the seller.
She/he could get in trouble for transaction interference, as she/he was only buying to catch a policy violator.
She/he could contact eBay via Facebook or Twitter.
$50 bucks to remove feedback. They must not know that feedback doesn’t count anymore against there account.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

wrote:
She/he could get in trouble for transaction interference, as she/he was only buying to catch a policy violator. 

Not the case.  This buyer thought they were getting the real thing and found out afterward it was a fake.  Even so, buying to catch a violator would be nearly impossible to prove unless there was a pattern of it.

wrote:
$50 bucks to remove feedback. They must not know that feedback doesn’t count anymore against there account.

It certainly does count when it comes to informing buyers of what they are up to.  There is a very good reason they are paying for removal.  

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It doesn’t count towards eBay defect matrix. It does help to keep buyers informed. A lot of buyers don’t even check feedback though.

I hope she does contact to report. I’m on your side. Good Luck

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

How is this any different from feedback revision on Ebay?

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

wrote:

It's against ebay policy to pay someone for feedback

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

First, stay away from Flakebook.

Second ....  nawh, that's all I got.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

wrote:

First, stay away from Flakebook.

This has nothing to do with facebook other than that the scenario involving the ebay policy violation was originally discussed on there.  So staying away from facebook will stop con artists from buying themselves a clean reputation?  OK, good to know... LOL

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

It's against ebay policy to pay someone for feedback

I thought the topic was about REMOVING feedback?

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

It was about a seller paying a buyer to change their negative feedback to a positive
Message 15 of 27
latest reply