cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers dont ship on time..

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for SELLERS...I buy 80% of goods on e bay Sellers..If you don't have buyers you can't sale...but I have run into a lot of sellers that don't ship Fast 3-5 dayafter they get Paid ...Sellers that don't Stock what they sale...I don't now buy from Any SELLERS with 99.5 or below Feedback...

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Sellers dont ship on time..

Tend to agree with you.  Sellers got spoiled by the instant availability of funds from the PayPal process which I am sure eBay and Adyen are still enjoying for the buyers that are still using that payment method, which I suspect a large percentage are doing. So if eBay and Adyen have the money instantly the only reason to hold is for eBay and/or Adyen to draw interest for a few days. Buyers got used to the almost instant shipping process from sellers which I am still doing as soon as I received notification of payment receipt without waiting for the funding transfer. So far no issues but some payments have taken up to 7-10 days to arrive but those are the exceptions. 

Bottom line is eBay should have taken into consideration what was going to happen with the move to MP and Adyen but their corporate board sole focus was to cut ties with PayPal and increase their profits which is the goal of any publically traded company. I also believe part of that drive was eBay's displeasure after the split with PayPal in the way that PayPal's stock price soared by over 600% while eBay's own return has been about 39% over the same period. PayPal is also now the largest third part financial processing provider in the world. Well beyond credit card companies given a lot of PayPal users utilize that process as the front end to their credit cards and/or bank accounts. 

I too remember the days of checks, money orders..... and even then your bank basically did the same thing PayPal did and when you cashed the check the funds were instantly available, usually up to a certain amount. Of course every now and then you got a bad check that was returned for NSF but you now have chargebacks on PayPal and Credit Cards so while the forms have changed from paper to electronic the end results are the same. 

How difficult would it have been for eBay to set the terms with Adyen to make the funds immediately available to the sellers to maintain the status quo but I am sure that would have had an impact on eBay and Adyen's bottom lines. By eBay's own admission the move to MP was to increase their revenues. They made this bed they are now free to lie in it. Some buyers and sellers will leave, some will stay, some will join but as long as eBay appears to be a good investment to the shareholders it will continue to survive. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

This is for SELLERS...I buy 80% of goods on e bay Sellers..If you don't have buyers you can't sale...but I have run into a lot of sellers that don't ship Fast 3-5 dayafter they get Paid ...Sellers that don't Stock what they sale...I don't now buy from Any SELLERS with 99.5 or below Feedback...

What is the handling time the items say??

Wow what would you do back in the day of 6 to 8 weeks of handling time.....

Any one old enough to remember them days..... catalog sales and stuff before the Internets....

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

General reply

PayPal frontend you the money, think of it like this: Buyer paid PayPal with what ever payment method they wanted to use, and essentially, PayPal loaned you the same dollar amount minus fees until the credit card or bank paid them.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@kodiak8658 wrote:

Ebay's new payment processing had me wait almost a week before I received payment. Using Paypal, it was INSTANT as soon as the buyer paid. With all due respect, I'm not sending out ANYTHING until I have access to the buyer's payment. I don't do bulk sales, I'm a collector and often buy and sell as my tastes change. If that's not suitable, find a seller who doesn't mind but don't blame all sellers until you know the real story.

What is your handling time set at now?

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

The shipping cost comes right out of the pending transactions. There is no reason to wait to ship. I'm not sure why people are not grasping this concept. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Look for the top rated seller logo. We are committed to shipping on time and working hard to stay better than the rest. Ebay holds us to a higher standard. As for me I ship everything the day of or the next day. 1 Day handling time. I try hard to keep everything at 100%. It does not always happen, but if you are buying from the top rated sellers. More than likely you will have a good experience. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the handling time the items say??

Wow what would you do back in the day of 6 to 8 weeks of handling time.....

Any one old enough to remember them days..... catalog sales and stuff before the Internets....

Yep. You would send away for things out of the comic books and wait for 8 weeks to get them. Our poor mail carrier must have gotten tired of seeing me standing by the rural mailbox every day when those 6 or 8 weeks were up and it still had not shown up. LOL.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You...

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do seller PRINT OUT A SHIPPING LABLE and then Not Ship for 4-5 days later..I don't buy anything from China..I have 100% feedback as long as I've been on E bay

Message 24 of 24
latest reply