cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers dont ship on time..

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for SELLERS...I buy 80% of goods on e bay Sellers..If you don't have buyers you can't sale...but I have run into a lot of sellers that don't ship Fast 3-5 dayafter they get Paid ...Sellers that don't Stock what they sale...I don't now buy from Any SELLERS with 99.5 or below Feedback...

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You shouldnt buy from sellers with less than 99.5 % positive feedback.You need to check when the estimated delivery date is on any item you buy, not when the pkg was shipped..many pkgs are still not being scanned.If you dont receive your pkg soon after that date, then file an item not received case. As for sellers who dont stock what they sell(drop shippers), check that estimated delivery date too..if its a long delivery time,its usually coming from China... hit the back button.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Guess you won't be buying from me then with 99.4 and handling time of 5 days due to corona virus.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

And the problems that consume the USPS...

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

99.5% doesn't make a difference to me.

That the sellers that are managed payments want to get their payment before shipping out the merchandise.  You may pay for it right away, but  eBay sits on the money before disbursing it to the sellers and it takes days. Sellers will have a longer handling time to make sure they get their money.

When sellers had Paypal as their money transmitter, yes, sellers were more than happy to get items shipped out right away.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

The OP has a very valid point.

There is absolutely no excuse for sellers to delay shipping until the money is actually in their bank account. Buyers don't give a rat's ptootie about when a seller actually has the money in their account. They paid for their item and want it sent out as soon as possible, not delayed because a seller has an issue with Ebay's payment actually getting deposited. You're also running the risk of lower metrics on your performance and potential negative or neutral feedback from customers who shouldn't have to shoulder the burden of you waiting to ship until your money is actually deposited.

When Ebay says "buyer has paid and ready to ship", I ship! My agreement with Ebay is to ship most of my sales within one business day, not wait until the money is in my account without regard to good customer service and the expectations of my customers who want the item they paid for in good faith.

Since joining Managed Payments about a thousand sales ago, I have NEVER had an issue with getting payment automatically sent to my bank account within a few days. My business model can handle that. 

Sellers who selfishly wait to ship even after Ebay says "ready to ship", get off your butts and take care of your customers!

Cheers, Duffy

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

While I'll concede that drop shippers & China sellers are a huge issue, one I suggest you avoid, I will say that FB can be quite deceiving.

A good seller can have their FB tarnished for ONE angry customer. It could be due to slow shipping or a buyers lack of understanding about how eBay works. 

It could also be a revenge negative from an unscrupulous buyer or competitor. 

I dig a little deeper when I'm shopping here- I read the positive FB comments, IF there are neutrals or negative, I read the comments. It's often you can discern the issue was with the BUYER not the seller..

Remember a seller can have 100% FB for BUYING and then sell their first item. /just sayin'

Due diligence & caveat emptor.. I don't buy from ANY website until I look at their reviews online.

I've been burned more than once with fancy, professional looking websites.. 

Don't further punish a good seller because of a couple FB- dig a little deeper.. 

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Absolutely true 🙂 Got 1 negative from a buyer because he did not want to return the item 🙂 Fella wanted 100 percent refund for an item he had no intention of returning.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

When you want to purchase an item check the seller's estimated delivery time.  I've been in  eBay's Managed Payment program since last August, and have continued to ship my items within a day.  Sellers have the option of paying for the shipping label from the pending payout so there isn't any reason to delay shipping until the money hits your bank account. When the money hits my account all the expenses have been paid so it's all mine. 

Sellers just need to get over the instant money  deposit that was part of the PayPal payment system. I remember when we didn't have PayPal and we took checks and money orders for payment.    The shipping was delayed until the checks cleared your bank.  Both buyers and sellers have gotten spoiled  by instant payments.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I am currently waiting on  item.

Purchase date: 5-20.

Estimated arrival date: 6-8.

It's been a week and it hasn't even shipped yet.

Should i be concerned?  No.  

As long as it makes it here by the 8th.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I agree 100%.  Others don't.  There is a thread running right now with a seller advising others not to ship until the money is not only  paid to them, but also transferred into their checking account!  I can't find it right now, but I thought it was a joke at first.  I wish it would be removed because it is quite damaging and can ruin the accounts of sellers and really tick off buyers!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

Sellers just need to get over the instant money  deposit that was part of the PayPal payment system. I remember when we didn't have PayPal and we took checks and money orders for payment.    The shipping was delayed until the checks cleared your bank.  Both buyers and sellers have gotten spoiled  by instant payments.

The new technology on money transmitting, sellers should be receiving money quicker.
Yes, Paypal gave us the money into our account same day.
I use a money transmitter - Stripe - that I get my money the same day into my bank.
I can log into my Stripe account and watch the verification process right into my bank.

I think Ayden transmit the money to eBay the same day and eBay sits on the seller's money for a free cash loan.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I agree 100%.  Others don't.  There is a thread running right now with a seller advising others not to ship until the money is not only  paid to them, but also transferred into their checking account!  I can't find it right now, but I thought it was a joke at first.  I wish it would be removed because it is quite damaging and can ruin the accounts of sellers and really tick off buyers!

I'm worried about that too.  I asked on the weekly chat about sellers doing this and it harming those of us that ship on time without waiting for the money to hit the bank.  They didn't feel it was a widespread problem, but said they would be monitoring that on the boards.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I'm worried about that too.  I asked on the weekly chat about sellers doing this and it harming those of us that ship on time without waiting for the money to hit the bank.  They didn't feel it was a widespread problem, but said they would be monitoring that on the boards.

I hope they remove it.  I have been reading it for 2 days, so it's still there.  I for one am so tired of the managed payment temper tantrums from sellers.  This is an informative post from a buyer's point of view. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Ebay's new payment processing had me wait almost a week before I received payment. Using Paypal, it was INSTANT as soon as the buyer paid. With all due respect, I'm not sending out ANYTHING until I have access to the buyer's payment. I don't do bulk sales, I'm a collector and often buy and sell as my tastes change. If that's not suitable, find a seller who doesn't mind but don't blame all sellers until you know the real story.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply