cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller unresponsive

I bought a backpack for a little over $6. The tracking number was made but has not been shipped. I sent a couple of messages to the seller, but they never replied and it’s been about two weeks now. I didn’t check the seller’s ratings before buying the item. I checked everyday and their rating kept dropping with a majority of negative reviews. The seller set their reviews to private so no one can see what other people had said. I want to cancel my order but there’s no option to do so. The only option was to contact the seller but they’re not responding to my previous messages. I do not trust this seller.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller unresponsive

@jenniduon0, @doctorneversmiles ,

"I didn’t check the seller’s ratings before buying the item. I checked everyday and their rating kept dropping with a majority of negative reviews... when I bought it their feedback was in the high 90s then it dropped to 40s within days. Something super fishy going on".

It sounds like both of you may have bought from hi-jacked accounts.  The way to spot those Before Buying, is to look at a seller's feedback profile.  If you see that all but 1 or 2 feedback are over a year old with the newest one(s) being in the last 6 months or year for purchases. No or few selling feedback in over a year, If the items they sold previously have no connection to the type of item being sold. Those are strong indications of a hi-jacked account.

If the items currently listed have a very good to too good to be true price, with an extended delivery time frame longer than 10 -14 days from a domestic seller, that's the icing on the cake.

"The seller set their reviews to private so no one can see what other people had said".

A seller cannot sell anything if their feedback is set to private. Chances are the true owner of the account found out their account had been hacked and ebay has privatized the feedback until the current issues have been resolved. 

''I want to cancel my order but there’s no option to do so. The only option was to contact the seller but they’re not responding to my previous messages".

You cannot request cancellation of a paid for item. Once any tracking info or the last estimated delivery date has passed, you file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through eBay. There will always be a suggestion to contact a seller, but it is not a requirement especially if you have already tried. 

NEVER BUY FROM ANY SELLER WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING THEIR FEEDBACK PROFILE!!!!

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Buyers cant cancel transactions, they can request the seller cancel, but sellers are not obligated to do that. If you dont get your item by the last estimated delivery date, open an item not received case, use the Resolution Center, below.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

318 negatives in one month, good luck with getting your money back.  They looked like an ok seller but no longer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I could just call eBay and they’ll most likely give me my money back. I had a similar situation in October. Bought a backpack and the seller shipped my item to the wrong state and I had to get a refund from eBay. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If you don't receive your purchase, open a item not received request, you need to then wait 3 business days to escalate it to a claim for eBay to step in, & you will receive a refund of your payment.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If the item is not received within the estimated delivery period you can file a INR dispute the following day.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I bought a jacket from this seller and they provided a tracking number then a couple days later it showed as delivered in a completely different city and state. They didnt respond to any messages or anything so I had to open a case and after the 90 hours or whatever ebay refunded me. Sketchy scam seller.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Also when I bought it their feedback was in the high 90s then it dropped to 40s within days. Something super fishy going on. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@jenniduon0, @doctorneversmiles ,

"I didn’t check the seller’s ratings before buying the item. I checked everyday and their rating kept dropping with a majority of negative reviews... when I bought it their feedback was in the high 90s then it dropped to 40s within days. Something super fishy going on".

It sounds like both of you may have bought from hi-jacked accounts.  The way to spot those Before Buying, is to look at a seller's feedback profile.  If you see that all but 1 or 2 feedback are over a year old with the newest one(s) being in the last 6 months or year for purchases. No or few selling feedback in over a year, If the items they sold previously have no connection to the type of item being sold. Those are strong indications of a hi-jacked account.

If the items currently listed have a very good to too good to be true price, with an extended delivery time frame longer than 10 -14 days from a domestic seller, that's the icing on the cake.

"The seller set their reviews to private so no one can see what other people had said".

A seller cannot sell anything if their feedback is set to private. Chances are the true owner of the account found out their account had been hacked and ebay has privatized the feedback until the current issues have been resolved. 

''I want to cancel my order but there’s no option to do so. The only option was to contact the seller but they’re not responding to my previous messages".

You cannot request cancellation of a paid for item. Once any tracking info or the last estimated delivery date has passed, you file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through eBay. There will always be a suggestion to contact a seller, but it is not a requirement especially if you have already tried. 

NEVER BUY FROM ANY SELLER WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING THEIR FEEDBACK PROFILE!!!!

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

try to get your money back,  this sounds bad, the person could have passed away or something else happened, hacked, home burnt down, or they could be in hospital.   things like this happens,

Years ago , a woman who was a avid poster and helper on the jewelry board, vanished and she had a 100percent feedback, then her feedback too a 100percent nose dive,  a friend of hers who also posted broke the news,  she passed away and all her listings were of course still active , so of course all negatives started rolling in. the discussion after her friend broke the news was interesting in the fact that how many sellers had no back up plan.  for worst case situations .

You have waited two weeks , try and get your money back,   We can only speculate, you have to do what you have to do.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply