cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

So I bought a laptop from a seller who only had one negative feedback.  He sent me a tracking number instantly which isn't uncommon.  A few days pass and the tracking number still said not shipped. Contacted seller. He states that there was an error in the listing and he would need to refund, but he doesn't do it. Went back to his feedback. He now has 10 negatives all within the last couple of days! Either he has been hacked or he's gome mad. He's selling tons of products and simply not shipping.

Now the bigger problem. I can't report the guy as he rips off more and more buyers every minute, because the shipping estimate time has not expired yet. I also tried to report him to paypal, same problem. What a broken system. Once he is found out he will probably just cancel his bank account and paypal will be stuck paying buyers back. (which will be passed on to all of us. ) A seller admits that he is not going to ship, or refund, and I have to wait weeks to get my money back? And he is allowed to continue terrorizing other buyers. Ridiculous. Here's the laptop I bought, u can find him thru the ad and see his negatives multipling. Surely new buyers will check his feedback and stay clear soon! 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

@xtreme4x4partswrote:
he had 99.8 or so when i bought. he had one negative and it wasn't for non shipment. I made a claim but ebay forces u to try and work it out with the seller first. In this case that's impossible. AND of course im going to give him a negative first. HE TOLD ME he wasnt going to ship the item. He lied and said refund was sent. NO refund was sent. I was trying to warn others. OF COURSE i did't close the case. I opened a case with ebay and paypal.
In special cases where the seller has gone mad u should be able to speed the process up. His feedback is now in the sixties and there will be many more since some people don't check to see if there tracking number is bogus.

You should not open a eBay case and PayPal case at the same time.  The PayPal case will close out your eBay case because once you file with PayPal you can't file with eBay.  This likely will prevent or remove any feedback you leave.  Your best course of action now is to stick with the PayPal case for a refund 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Re: Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

The seller is still a EBay member, classic example of eBay being broken.

If eBay had United States based employees that could understand and think on their own, being able to make decisions this could be avoided. A staff member could see, make decisions and prevent more theft.

So why does eBay show you a hot, good looking woman for a call center representative?

And what you really are calling is a third world country, so ebay is misrepresenting the public. 

22ba4a2.jpg0169c2e.jpg

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I made a claim but ebay forces u to try and work it out with the seller first.

NO.

That's a suggestion.

Although it is polite to start there.

All you want from a seller is the date of shipment, the service used, and a viable tracking number.

No offer of a replacement and no excuses.

If you don't get that, move directly to the Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) the buyer is (eventually) refunded.

We see enough complaints from sellers who have Disputes and Claims opened without any contact with the unhappy buyer to know that there is no actual need for the buyer to contact the seller before escalating a dispute to a claim.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@mudshark61369wrote:

@xtreme4x4parts,

"OF COURSE i did't close the case. I opened a case with ebay and paypal"

You opened a case with PayPal while the ebay dispute is still open?   That was a mistake, you cannot double dip when it comes to opening disputes. Close the PayPal dispute. Wait until the last estimated delivery date has passed and file an INR through ebay.  If they do not respond in 3 days exactly ask ebay to step in, and get a refund.  If they do respond, unless the seller can prove the items shipped & delivered or a refund was already given, you will get your money back.  Patience is its own reward.

"I made a claim but ebay forces u to try and work it out with the seller first. In this case that's impossible".

eBay does not FORCE you to do anything, they suggest contacting the seller to try and work things out. If they look into the dispute, they will see your messages, so you needn't send more.

"His feedback is now in the sixties and there will be many more since some people don't check to see if there tracking number is bogus".

Many people make the mistake of leaving feedback and not reporting listings or opening disputes.  One or two members reporting items isn't going to get ebay's attention, disputes do.  Though like you I have to wonder why it is taking eBay so long to do something about this seller.  They usually act more quickly when negs start piling up.

@xtreme4x4parts NO! Bad advice here! DO NOT close the PayPal case! If it hasn’t already the eBay case will automatically close since you filed with PayPal. You have to follow through with the PayPal case but they may close that one too. The PayPal case takes precedence over the eBay casen But either way don’t close the case! You really need to STOP man. The systems here work, they just aren’t working fast enough for you. You need to be patient here otherwise you are going to end up with eBay and PayPal slamming the door in your face. You only need to one ONE CASE! You’ve reported the listing. No you need to be patient and wait. And you would have got your money back faster if you had just been patient and stuck with the eBay case. Seriously dude. Did you read the information from eBay when you opened the case? They said you could ask them to step in and help after 3 business days. There was no reason to rush over to paypal and file a case there. It takes PayPal longer to refund you! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

There's something about eBay that makes people go into superhero mode and try to protect their fellow buyers from big bad scammers. But the fact is that buyers aren't children needing protection. The feedback system is working exactly as it should, with the seller's stats dropping by the hour. And it's the consumers themselves who have the responsibilty to check those scores. Also, Paypal and eBay are billion-dollar conglomerates that don't need anyone here to defend their honor. They can do that all on their own. 

Just like all the other buyers who bought something that was never shipped, you'll receive your refund after the specified time period. And if you disagreed with that specified and written time period, you had the option to not purchase through eBay.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Indeed, the seller seems to have had no sales in the past week since this surge of negs began.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

I get the feeling sometimes that posters who are so eager to "name and shame" are living in the world of small online communities in which I used to do my online trading, before eBay existed. In those intimate, relatively closed spaces, naming and shaming was the main way that you dealt with cheaters because you didn't have a dispute process that could force a trading partner to refund.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

i wasn't trying to protect anyone, i was expressing a need for change. I know ill get my money back in the end, my point was u shouldn't have to wait weeks to escalate a claim in special circumstances like this. This faulty system gives the seller time to transfer stolen funds and close their account, when that happens we all pay with higher fees.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

With that sellers feedback from the last six months, his funds were held at Paypal. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Why would you have 'to wait weeks to escalate a claim'?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@xtreme4x4parts@  wrote:

Now the bigger problem. I can't report the guy as he rips off more and more buyers every minute, because the shipping estimate time has not expired yet. "We offer basic per-agent rates that allow you to get started right away! You can start with just one agent at $7 per hour, or grow your team for as low as $5.5 per hour!"

I also tried to report him to paypal, same problem. What a broken system.

So why does eBay show you a hot, good looking woman for a call center representative?

And what you really are calling is a third world country, so ebay is misrepresenting the public.

Seems you eventually found --

that you can open a dispute at PayPal --in the minute after you've made your payment.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Amazingly, with a now 65% feedback rating, and 19 negatives in a row,  7 people have bought computers from them, as recent as today, despite the sellers bizarre behavior and feedback.  And the seller still adds a number of listings each day.  I don't get it!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

Sadly, eBay and the World are both a lot different than the were in the late 1990's. Be careful if you're considering buying 1 oz. Gold bars these days. What a nightmare since 2012. This coming April 16, 2018 now definitely looks like a good time to finally say goodbye.
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I hope by now you have gotten your refund. You do not have to wait to escalate this claim with Ebay. You can go into the claim and escalate right now without a reply from the seller.  You will be able to comment as to why you are escalating the claim,  and you will get your money back. Starting a claim through Ebay or Paypal asks you to wait a certain amount of time to get a reply from the seller.....BUT you do have the right to escalate right away.  

latest reply

Would PayPal release his money though, without the item being shipping? It seems a tracking number would have to be sent. But maybe I missed the part where he is sending fake tracking numbers.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply