cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

So I bought a laptop from a seller who only had one negative feedback.  He sent me a tracking number instantly which isn't uncommon.  A few days pass and the tracking number still said not shipped. Contacted seller. He states that there was an error in the listing and he would need to refund, but he doesn't do it. Went back to his feedback. He now has 10 negatives all within the last couple of days! Either he has been hacked or he's gome mad. He's selling tons of products and simply not shipping.

Now the bigger problem. I can't report the guy as he rips off more and more buyers every minute, because the shipping estimate time has not expired yet. I also tried to report him to paypal, same problem. What a broken system. Once he is found out he will probably just cancel his bank account and paypal will be stuck paying buyers back. (which will be passed on to all of us. ) A seller admits that he is not going to ship, or refund, and I have to wait weeks to get my money back? And he is allowed to continue terrorizing other buyers. Ridiculous. Here's the laptop I bought, u can find him thru the ad and see his negatives multipling. Surely new buyers will check his feedback and stay clear soon! 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

The seller is still a EBay member, classic example of eBay being broken.

If eBay had United States based employees that could understand and think on their own, being able to make decisions this could be avoided. A staff member could see, make decisions and prevent more theft.

So why does eBay show you a hot, good looking woman for a call center representative?

And what you really are calling is a third world country, so ebay is misrepresenting the public. 

22ba4a2.jpg0169c2e.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Seller scamming everyone. No way to report. 10 negative in 24 hours. Paypal no better.

Sorry let's try that again -

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

That seller will be removed soon enough. I'm sure eBay will eventually notice the unusual amount of negs that guy is getting and kick him off.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

report the seller and look out you can't complain with a link here.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I can't report him, that was the entire point of my post! I can't report him until the expected shipping date has passed! And even then it will probably drag on for a couple weeks.
Since I posted this an hour ago he has another negative, he is scamming dozens of people as we speak, look at his store.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I watched one go from 0 Negs to about 150 in a day or do.  'Course about 80 were from one buyer.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

@xtreme4x4partswrote:
I can't report him, that was the entire point of my post! I can't report him until the expected shipping date has passed! And even then it will probably drag on for a couple weeks.
Since I posted this an hour ago he has another negative, he is scamming dozens of people as we speak, look at his store.

It sounds like what you are trying to do is open an INR case.  Which will make you wait until the last estimated delivery date.  That doesn't really "report" the seller 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

@xtreme4x4partswrote: ...  even then it will probably drag on for a couple weeks.

It won't drag on for weeks.  When you file your INR claim, the seller will be unable to show a tracking number with a  delivery scan, and you will get your refund in a few days. So will all of the other buyers who don't get their items from him.

As noted in your other thread, the feedback system seems to be working as intended; the seller's  73% feedback rating should be sufficient to alert other potential buyers that they should avoid him. And eBay will catch up with him soon.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

When you say 'report' do you mean you opened a Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

If you used a credit card to back your PP account, you can phone the 1-800 number on the card and ask for a chargeback.

FWIW - Anything less than 98% positive feedback is poor. With electronics make that 99.5%

But that account doesn't look like it was hacked. Something drastic has happened to the seller.

It is unfortunate that so many buyers took the useless path of leaving feedback , which is basically ignored as voluntary and just an opinion by eBay, instead of opening Disputes which are "seen" by eBay.

An experienced seller would not have a Hold on his PP account like a newbie. But both eBay and Paypal have his banking and credit card information as part of the Seller Agreement.

And they have the muscle to collect.

I hope you did not close the eBay and PP disputes when you could not get instant refunds. If you did, you made sure you will not get any refund.

Otherwise, I can only counsel patience.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

To report a seller, you go to the listing.  On the right side of the listing is REPORT ITEM, just above the item number.  Of course, since the seller's feedback percentage is now in the 70's percentage wise, and all the negs racking up, ebay is probably now aware anyway.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

he had 99.8 or so when i bought. he had one negative and it wasn't for non shipment. I made a claim but ebay forces u to try and work it out with the seller first. In this case that's impossible. AND of course im going to give him a negative first. HE TOLD ME he wasnt going to ship the item. He lied and said refund was sent. NO refund was sent. I was trying to warn others. OF COURSE i did't close the case. I opened a case with ebay and paypal.
In special cases where the seller has gone mad u should be able to speed the process up. His feedback is now in the sixties and there will be many more since some people don't check to see if there tracking number is bogus.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

if they are aware they're letting him continue. 16 negs now and thousands of dollars.
I reported the item, i started a case, none of it matters. The whole system is automated for weeks before any ebay human gets involved. That's why people like this can scam us so easily. He will likely have the funds withdrawn before he is caught.
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

correct. i also reported the item as well tho. to try and get a human involved.
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

He'll most likely have the money out of paypal by then
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@xtreme4x4parts,

"OF COURSE i did't close the case. I opened a case with ebay and paypal"

You opened a case with PayPal while the ebay dispute is still open?   That was a mistake, you cannot double dip when it comes to opening disputes. Close the PayPal dispute. Wait until the last estimated delivery date has passed and file an INR through ebay.  If they do not respond in 3 days exactly ask ebay to step in, and get a refund.  If they do respond, unless the seller can prove the items shipped & delivered or a refund was already given, you will get your money back.  Patience is its own reward.

"I made a claim but ebay forces u to try and work it out with the seller first. In this case that's impossible".

eBay does not FORCE you to do anything, they suggest contacting the seller to try and work things out. If they look into the dispute, they will see your messages, so you needn't send more.

"His feedback is now in the sixties and there will be many more since some people don't check to see if there tracking number is bogus".

Many people make the mistake of leaving feedback and not reporting listings or opening disputes.  One or two members reporting items isn't going to get ebay's attention, disputes do.  Though like you I have to wonder why it is taking eBay so long to do something about this seller.  They usually act more quickly when negs start piling up.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 15 of 32
latest reply