cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller's other items shows '0'..... tons of items actually for sale

So, I've been noticing what seems like a glitch for a little while now.

I'll look at an auction listing, click see Seller's Other Items, and the page shows nothing, even though seller has other listings for sale.

Clicked a link from Facebook tonight a seller posted, who had 70+ items for sale. Same deal, click see items, get nothing.

Clicked on that same post on my phone, clicked the link to ebay and it showed all their listings...!!

Spoke to specific seller, they don't have any country blocks in place or anything like that.

* I'm on the laptop I've been using for a few years. Have changed NO settings.

* I'm in Canada, but registered with ebay.com. Have been for 18 years. This is a recent issue for me...

* I've always been able to see listings that even expressly state 'item does not ship to Canada'

Makes me wonder about the thousands of things I'm not even seeing on here  😕

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds a bit like the Alaska/Hawaii/Territories/APO/FPO glitch may be spreading to Canada (and other non-US places?)

The glitch appears to be that buyers in those places, who there for browse and search eBay for items using zipcodes for those places are seeing ZERO search results for sellers when they search or click "see other items" links. An exception seems to be if the seller also offers any international shipping options.

If you want to play with it, view an eBay item, then on that item's Shipping and Payments tab change your location to the US and use a zipcode of 95825 (a California zip). Bet you see all the items then. Change the zip to 99514 (Anchorage, Alaska), refresh the search, and most or all of the results will disappear (and I think if you check, the ones that still appear will have "ships to Canada, or ships to Australia, UK, etc).

Can also try 96801 (Hawaii which seems to be working now but wasn't before, 00785 (Puerto Rico), 96913 (Guam), and 09012 (APO/FPO) all of which fail the same as Alaska.

more info:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listings-not-searchable-Show-on-summary-but-not-in-store/m-p/2...
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So, I tried that zip code on one of the direct link listings the seller had sent me.

You were correct, once I'd put in and updated that ZIP, when I clicked See Other Items, it showed them all.

So the bit I can't figure is that tonssss of listings don't have Canada listed as a 'ship to

country, but I can still see those listings in a search. Ones that expressley state in red 'Item Does Not Ship To Your Location", I can see.....

It seems rather random in what's being blocked to me.

Stinks for both seller and buyer. I've been shopping for 18 years, and 95% of those purchases have been from the US. Even if a listing doesn't list here as a ship option, I've lots of times sent a friendly private message prior to auction end, asking permission to bid. Only been turned down a few times. Thousands of listings are not even being seen by potential buyers...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply