cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller reneged a sale after item was paid and tracking number listed.

This happened a few times before and I let it go since there were other sellers with the same item. NOT THIS TIME. I'm fed-up with sellers reneging on their PROMISE'S. We buyers take the time to research, ask questions then PAY for what we were sold.
What I understand from others like my issue, the seller sold the item at a higher price to someone else. I truly believe this happened here. The excuse 'I promised to someone else' does not hold water because the item was up for days and sold then a Tracking Number issued.
We buyers in this type of situation NEEDS MONETARY COMPENSATION for our search time and efforts finding the right item.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Seller reneged a sale after item was paid and tracking number listed.

You have the opportunity to leave feedback, as to monetary compensation, not in a million years.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I've left feedback and it does literally NOTHING since a very small number of people read it.
I think this needs to happen if Ebay wants to stay in business. On the item search page the sellers name is made in font color RED. Shows there's issue(s) with that seller.
I offer suggestions and solutions, it's up the Ebay to realize mistakes and correct said problems.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

What reason did they use for cancel of the transaction??

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Oh:

Thanks for posting this..............

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

REASON? 'Promised to someone else'. Grrrr...

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for items I want/need. Ebay's basically NON-SUPPORT is hitting an all time high. I'm now reading SO MANY P.O.'d buyers with similar issues.
Ebay is hosting FALSE ADVERTISEMENT sellers. When i brought this issue up (twice now) Ebay does nothing. In essence Ebay is supporting these FALSE Adverts. USA has laws against this practice. LISTENING EBAY???

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@fm-usa wrote:

REASON? 'Promised to someone else'. Grrrr...

That's not a reason a seller can select.  When cancelling a seller is given three reasons to select.  Out of stock, buyer requested, or problem with buyers address. Which reason did the seller select ?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

'Seller cancelled / Out of stock'.

He sent the message, 'promised to someone else'.
I reported seller and opened a complaint.
I'm NOT upset, I'm miffed at Ebay for this type of stuff still going on.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

It's over a week now and eBay 'claimed' they were looking into it. As they done few times before, they do nothing, I hear nothing.

Previous issue I reported 3 years ago, 'Bait & Switch' by china sellers, eBay does nothing.

Another, I searched strictly US sellers. China sellers list CA., NJ., NY. & Pa. as item locations yet the item is shipped from china AND I'm/we're charged the "International Service Fee".

POOR BUSINESS TACTICS on Ebay's part, small wonder why other online auction hosts began years ago.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Your email from eBay gives the reason the seller chose.  As said before, the seller only has 3 reasons to choose from.  If they chose out of stock, they got a defect on their account and too many of those will get them suspended permanently.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Don't understand why you would "let it go", especially after you had paid.

Have you read the MBG?

If you have not received your purchase within 24 hours past its last estimated delivery date, you can open an INR case.  At this time, however, some sellers give a little more time due to the current USPS lack of reliability. Do not, however, wait past 30 days to open a case.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

You complain that sellers don't ship.

Sellers complain buyers don't pay. 

It goes both ways.

eBay can't  force sellers to ship.

eBay can't force buyers to pay.

Time wasted on both sides. 

The seller gets a defect if they cancel when the buyer didn't request to cancel. Defects lead to being a below average seller, higher seller fees and restrictions. When buyers don't pay they get an unpaid strike.

Clearly sellers that don't ship get punished even though you might not be aware of that.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@fm-usa,

"I've left feedback and it does literally NOTHING since a very small number of people read it.   We buyers in this type of situation NEEDS MONETARY COMPENSATION for our search time and efforts finding the right item".

Maybe you need to spend more time vetting your sellers and checking the other info on listings.  You bought from an inexperienced seller, that apparently guestimated the shipping cost of the billiard ball set.  There is no way they could ship an estimated 6+ lb. package for the price shown.  Which may be why they cancelled when they got the real price. Its also possible they sold the set locally, something an inexperienced seller might do.   Other sellers you've bought from do not have a great feedback percentage especially if you take into account the neutral feedback they have received. 

"I searched strictly US sellers. China sellers list CA., NJ., NY. & Pa. as item locations yet the item is shipped from china AND I'm/we're charged the "International Service Fee".

It can be hard to tell where a seller is actualy from since ebay helped many register in the U.S. Checking each seller's feedback profile and clicking on the numbers of neutral and negative feedback received to read only those comments may provide a clue.  I use the list below to try and weed out chinese sellers. FYI, Many of the high volume sellers, "Registered as a business seller in the U.K."  are based in or drop ship from China.

On Listing pages:

• Items priced below brand named prices.
  • An item location address that does not give a city and state Ex: USA / United States, New Jersey / USA
  • The use of U.S. flag symbols and several mentions of being a U.S. seller.
  • Seller's username sometimes.
  • Selling items listed by many other sellers, often using the same stock photos.
  •  High volume seller with a feedback percentage below 98.9%
  • Item descriptions that have wording in them that doesn't seem like it was written by a person whose first language is English.
  • Item titles giving a brand name, and photos showing a brand name label, but in the Item Specifics it says Brand: Unknown or no brand given.
  • Items for sale with no name or an unrecognizable Brand Name.
  • The use of metric and standard measurements.
  • Photos with Asian models in them.

On a Feedback profile page:

• The seller's country of registry, sometimes.
  • High volume seller registered between 2012 and now.
  • All or most feedback is for Private listings.
  • Hundreds of neutral and negative feedback. Some may still have a percentage over 99%
  • Neutral and Negative feedback saying items came from China. That took a long time to arrive. Missing items from multiple quantity orders.  Cancelled purchases.  Poor communications. Clothing smaller in size than normal.  Many mentions of poor quality items.  (click on the numbers of neutral and negative feedback received, to read only those comments).
  • Responses to negative feedback written by someone whose first language does not appear to be English.

It may take a little time to use the above lists, but after a while it becomes second nature, and in the long run can save time and possibly money. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I already stated in the above posts how I search sellers info to be sure to get top quality sellers so I don't have issues like I've had in the past.

Yes I do search info on sellers if they are in the United States or not, they keep that well hidden. That's another thing eBay needs to fix.

As your point about the billiard balls, read my post above please.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply