cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refused to try to cancel shipment after eBay refunded, what should I do?

Bought an item, the seller (in Europe, I'm in the US) told me twice before buying that he had several, I found out later that wasn't true; he tries to get it from different vendors. This was actually the SECOND time that I tried to buy this item from this seller and there were "issues" both times, the first time was 3 months ago. This time he gave me promises, excuses and apologies for two weeks, then sent a non-working Fedex tracking number.

EBay opened a claim on my behalf, and I asked seller for either proof of shipping, in which case I still wanted the item, or a refund. The seller gave neither during the claim period, so eBay looked at the claim, looked at our messages, and refunded, blaming the invalid tracking for their decision. A few days later the seller contacted me, said he was STILL sending the item even though I got the refund, and that he wasn't going to try to contact Fedex to cancel the shipment, which he could have done. The tracking now shows movement. The seller never asked me if I still wanted this after getting the refund (I would have said no, and he had time to ask Fedex to cancel), and it seemed like he was pushing the sale on me when he said, "We'll discus the transaction after you get the item" so I expect him to ask for payment.

This isn't a case where a seller actually ships, the tracking works, the package gets lost or delayed, eBay eventually refunds, and then the package gets delivered after all. In this case, nothing showed shipping movement, the seller didn't ship in the stated 5 day handling period, he stalled, didn't answer messages or did in odd ways. I got the refund, had no wish to do business again with this seller, left negative neutral feedback (which I then asked eBay to remove as I don't know if the seller is really a liar or just inept) and I wasn't given a say regarding him shipping the item after the refund, he just did it, then informed me that it's on the way and that "we'll talk". I also used the refund (I saved up to make the purchase) for something else so it isn't like I have the payment cost.

The seller created this new mess to go with the old one that he also created. Have I an obligation here to pay under these circumstances? I actually HAVE paid sellers in the past a couple of times for items that were lost or delayed and then arrived, after getting a refund from them, but this whole situation seems different. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller refused to try to cancel shipment after eBay refunded, what should I do?

No, you have no obligation to pay. I would just refuse delivery and return to sender.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller refused to try to cancel shipment after eBay refunded, what should I do?

No, you have no obligation to pay. I would just refuse delivery and return to sender.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Not only no obligation, if you have considerable history of dissatisfaction with a seller, block them as well. Eventually their horrible business practices will catch up with them. You have been made whole. Hopefully you can find what you sought elsewhere.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kalyoth wrote:

Not only no obligation, if you have considerable history of dissatisfaction with a seller, block them as well. Eventually their horrible business practices will catch up with them. You have been made whole. Hopefully you can find what you sought elsewhere.

Ebay has no way to block a seller.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply