cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller orders from Amazon, drop ships to me

This has happened to me a couple times, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. 

I ordered something on eBay, end up getting a package from Amazon with the packing slip and the lower price right on it. So I don't think they're just using FBA. It's also paid with a "Gift Certificate". 

I'm not a naive buyer who's just mad because I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else. I know it was cheaper on Amazon. I shop on eBay because I have personal and political reasons for not doing business with Amazon. I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more sometimes. 

It looks like the item was purchased directly through Amazon, hence the packing slip with the Amazon price on it. Does this activity violate the terms of either eBay or Amazon? If so I'd like to report this seller. 

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Seller orders from Amazon, drop ships to me

I recently bought an item from an Ebay seller who sells both here AND on Amazon.  The item came from their store but in an Amazon box - same as it would have had I bought it there.  One store, multiple venues.

Message 46 of 64
latest reply

100% agree. A thief is a thief.

". If he will steal from Amazon he will steal from you. His ethics are clear."

Message 47 of 64
latest reply

Unless he used FBA.  I have an FBA account.  I can send anything there anywhere.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 48 of 64
latest reply

I just bought something from Amazon and it was shipped from Sam’s Club. That was a new one. 

Message 49 of 64
latest reply

If there is a small sheet of paper inside the box saying it is a gift for you it is a violation of Amazon Prime. Report to Amazon and the seller gets the boot from Prime

Message 50 of 64
latest reply

@freeshipusa1 wrote:

Plus the buyers who cannot return the item to AMZN but instead to China,Brazil,Nigeria ?whereever the seller is based and have his return address with Ebay in his own country .

It doesn't work that way. I bought boots from a seller who lives in Israel. His listing said size 8 but the boots were size 7. The return shipping label was addressed to the US-based Amazon seller.

Message 51 of 64
latest reply

@etacarina11 wrote:
what gets me is the DISHONESTY of no telling the truth of origin in your listing ....if you list your item as coming from your home town it should be coming from your home town. I have nothing against Amazon as i buy there all the time.....if you want to drop ship thats fine just say so in your listings.

#1. No seller with a brain cell tells anyone where he/she sources goods. That's Business 101.  #2. Origin is not the same as source; most things for sale in the US are manufactured in the Far East and the place of manufacture is the origin. Even my shampoo is made outside of the US, but I buy it from a store locally. The source is my local store; if I turn around and sell the shampoo, I am under no obligation to tell the buyer where I bought it.

Message 52 of 64
latest reply

@necessaryindulgencejewelry wrote:

@etacarina11 wrote:
what gets me is the DISHONESTY of no telling the truth of origin in your listing ....if you list your item as coming from your home town it should be coming from your home town. I have nothing against Amazon as i buy there all the time.....if you want to drop ship thats fine just say so in your listings.

#1. No seller with a brain cell tells anyone where he/she sources goods. That's Business 101.  #2. Origin is not the same as source; most things for sale in the US are manufactured in the Far East and the place of manufacture is the origin. Even my shampoo is made outside of the US, but I buy it from a store locally. The source is my local store; if I turn around and sell the shampoo, I am under no obligation to tell the buyer where I bought it.

that is a sellers justification that really doesnt address the buyers complaint. where you source your goods isnt the issue, where it ships from is! my favorite online retailer (no, it is not ebay) has 3 locations in the u.s. and i buy from one within 100 miles. they CLEARLY state: in stock, in stock at xyz store, dropshipped from manufacturer or on back order.  i really dont car if the made them on site or had them imported from some distant land, i do care that they are there, 100 miles away and ready to ship.  as for your shampoo comparaison, if yo already have it, no problem. if your going to run down and get it after i buy it, no way! if store is out, i am waiting even though i paid already. any number of things could go wrong and i want an item you have, not one you can get.

Message 53 of 64
latest reply

I ordered something on Ebay Saturday morning and it was delivered (by  Amazon) Sunday afternoon! Plus, the delivery box was way oversized and loaded with air pillows which I will re-use with my ebay sales.

Message 54 of 64
latest reply

@vanman1029 wrote:

I ordered something on Ebay Saturday morning and it was delivered (by  Amazon) Sunday afternoon! Plus, the delivery box was way oversized and loaded with air pillows which I will re-use with my ebay sales.

and that would be a plus if i knew that going in! when fast delivery is important (and guaranteed), they would get my bussiness. the issue isnt when everything goes right, it is when something goes wrong. had that item sold out before seller sent your money to amazon, it could of been delayed. for a seller, i definately see the appeal to selling an item without investing and hoping it sells, and never needing to handle it, it is a win/win for them. as a buyer, most things that would of been a sellers risk is now the buyers.

Message 55 of 64
latest reply

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I personally have received gift cards for Amazon and any number of other stores/websites. They were well intentioned gifts, but at this point in my life I need ready cash more than I need to re-tile my bath or a new duvet cover. So I have "sold" an item here but used my gift card to buy that item and have it sent directly to the buyer. Sometimes I "take a loss" on the face value of the card, but I do manage to garner some much needed cash from the deal. Having three meals a day takes the edge off of both my hunger and any financial loss.

I am not a proponent of drop shipping, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do................................and I see nothing illegal or underhanded with this procedure (and just to clear the air BEFORE it gets clouded with accusations, moral indignation, and etc., I do not have Prime).
Message 56 of 64
latest reply

@dougsue123b wrote:

100% agree. A thief is a thief.

". If he will steal from Amazon he will steal from you. His ethics are clear."

How is it stealing? He got paid, Amazon got paid, YOU paid.  lots of people getting PAID there, nobody out any money and you got your stuff.

Message 57 of 64
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

@vanman1029 wrote:

and that would be a plus if i knew that going in! when fast delivery is important (and guaranteed), they would get my bussiness. the issue isnt when everything goes right, it is when something goes wrong. had that item sold out before seller sent your money to amazon, it could of been delayed. for a seller, i definately see the appeal to selling an item without investing and hoping it sells, and never needing to handle it, it is a win/win for them. as a buyer, most things that would of been a sellers risk is now the buyers.

I agree - the problem comes in when there IS a problem.  Dont drop ship to me then give me the run around and blame Amazon - who I DIDNT BUY IT FROM - when I need to return it and get a refund.  None of this  "I'll see if the Amazon seller will take it back and if so get you a refund" IF? No, YOU have my money, not him and I WILL be sending this wrong item back TO YOU and hopefully YOU can return it and get a refund.  Im definitely GETTING my refund and YOU'RE gonna give it to me.

Message 58 of 64
latest reply

I've had this happen to me before and honestly had no problem because I buy things using Paypal and Amazon doesn't accept Paypal. 

But, the only time I have had an issue with this was back at Christmas. I was using some gift card money to buy my kids Christmas presents. I wanted to get them the Harry Potter illustrated book but Amazon was out of stock. So I searched eBay and found one for sale. It was a little more than the one listed on Amazon but hey it was Christmas time so why no. So I bought it using my own Paypal money. I waited and waited for the book to ship as Christmas was coming fast but it was never marked shipped. As a seller I know people always don't mark things shipped so I just mentally prayed the seller would ship soon or forgot to mark it shipped. It was about a week & 1/2 later I got an email it was out of stock but may be in stock soon. Oh well. I checked Amazon & it was still out of stock so I told the eBay seller I was ok to wait until it was in stock. I really wanted the book. Fast forward to a few days later and it's back in stock on Amazon so I quickly bought. I then message the eBay seller telling him/her I found the book in stock somewhere else and to please cancel my order and refund my money. Well, they said the book was now in stock and it was preparing the ship. I told them again to refund my money ask I had bought it from some where else & I didn't want it. Eventually it was canceled and I got money back. I just happened to look at their feedback and some people mentioned they drop shipped from Amazon. 

My problem with the above is pretty much I wouldn't have bought from them if I knew they dropped shipped from Amazon. 

Message 59 of 64
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

I just bought something from Amazon and it was shipped from Sam’s Club. That was a new one. 

That is a new one. Was it Amazon directly or 3rd party seller?

Message 60 of 64
latest reply