cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller orders from Amazon, drop ships to me

This has happened to me a couple times, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. 

I ordered something on eBay, end up getting a package from Amazon with the packing slip and the lower price right on it. So I don't think they're just using FBA. It's also paid with a "Gift Certificate". 

I'm not a naive buyer who's just mad because I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else. I know it was cheaper on Amazon. I shop on eBay because I have personal and political reasons for not doing business with Amazon. I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more sometimes. 

It looks like the item was purchased directly through Amazon, hence the packing slip with the Amazon price on it. Does this activity violate the terms of either eBay or Amazon? If so I'd like to report this seller. 

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Seller absolutely did something wrong. He stole from Amazon. If he will steal from Amazon he will steal from you. His ethics are clear. Please report him to Amazon. It's jerks like this that are causing the Prime prices to go up again.

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Seller absolutely did something wrong. He stole from Amazon. If he will steal from Amazon he will steal from you. His ethics are clear. Please report him to Amazon. It's jerks like this that are causing the Prime prices to go up again.

AMZN is looking into free shipping on small items,yes,it is not a profitable business for AMZN shipping 1 bottle of shampoo,1 can of pesticide,one ste of inkcartridge free for prime members.

seller is not stealing from AMZN,if anyone should complain,it is the AMZN AWS clients,AMZN is using the profit from AWS to subsidise retail business.

If I were its AWS client,I would say,why dont you give me a lower price instead of using my money to subsidise your money losing retail business? 

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

A few months ago I ordered a blanket from an ebay seller to have sent to my mom in a nursing home in another state.  My mom is 95 and blind and doesn't have that much time left.  I ordered on Saturday and it was delivered on Monday morning. 

I had also purchased a shawl for her from another seller the same day.  It was delivered nearly 2 weeks later.

Which would I prefer?  I prefer the Amazon seller with lightening fast delivery over the other seller with snail pace delivery.  Give me an Amazon seller anyday.

Message 18 of 64
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@mudshark61369 wrote:

You may not like <snipped> for your own reasons, but leaving a neg for the seller when they may not have violated any policy, isn't right.  If the item showed up on time and as described, they fullfilled their obligation to you, political and personal considerations aside.. 

I diagree.  If I order from here it's because I didn't want it to come from there.  That's a SNAD in my and fully Neg worthy.  If enough buyers do it, maybe the bad sellers who abuse our trust will begin to get the hint.

If they start getting negs for every single dropshipped order, maybe they' stop doing it.

But a seller using FBA is NOT dropshipping. They are just using Amazon as theirwarehouse.

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

The OP got a regular packing slip, not a gift receipt. If that's the case, then the seller is not using their prime account, but using FBA.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was half expecting at least some personal attacks/questioning of my judgement, based on the overall state of discourse on today’s internet, but the eBay community really proved something here. 

I’ll probably mention it to Amazon and let them decide since I can’t be sure it was a Prime account.  Or maybe not. I don’t know. 

Message 21 of 64
latest reply

The one which should look into this is REALLY EBay and AMZN.

Does it hurt Ebay?

Does it benfit AMZN?

Plus the buyers who cannot return the item to AMZN but instead to China,Brazil,Nigeria ?whereever the seller is based and have his return address with Ebay in his own country .

Message 22 of 64
latest reply

@freeshipusa1 wrote:

The one which should look into this is REALLY EBay and AMZN.

Does it hurt Ebay?

Does it benfit AMZN?

Plus the buyers who cannot return the item to AMZN but instead to China,Brazil,Nigeria ?whereever the seller is based and have his return address with Ebay in his own country .

So silly. 

There’s nothing for eBay to look into. This practice makes them money. And it’s probably why they are considering bringing back eBay fulfillment. So they can make even more money.

amazon obviously looked into it and decided they too could make more

money off if it seeing as how they now have prime fullfilment for sellers which is what the OPs seller used.

foreign return addresses are irreverent. Buyers are only required to to return the item location on the listing. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 23 of 64
latest reply

ITEM LOCATION IS USA.

To return the item back to AMZN warehouse,AMZN needs more information to credit the customer and this Ebay buyer aint its customer.

It needs the Ebay seller who assumes has an AMZN prime account his AMZN account number,not his Ebay buyer name and address.

Do you work for Ebay?

Does Ebay pay you well?  

Message 24 of 64
latest reply

No,it does not benfit EBAY,it drives more buyers to AMZN.

for the pitiful FVF it received from a bottle of shampoo,pesticide,it loses a customer to AMZN   

Message 25 of 64
latest reply

@freeshipusa1 wrote:

ITEM LOCATION IS USA.

To return the item back to AMZN warehouse,AMZN needs more information to credit the customer and this Ebay buyer aint its customer.

It needs the Ebay seller who assumes has an AMZN prime account his AMZN account number,not his Ebay buyer name and address.

Do you work for Ebay?

Does Ebay pay you well?  

RETURN TO USA?

The seller would  haveto enter an US A AMZN warehouse location in his Ebay account,in the case of an overseas seller ,he would then have to print an USPS shipping label from where he is,like China,Brazil,India?

If he can do so,then it should reference his AMZN prime account number so AMZN knows it is coming from him and credit his account.

of course,the ebay buyer could not care less whether he gets his money back from AMZN as long as tracking said it has been delivered to AMZN .

and if this seller shows his prme accoun on the return label,then anyone who gethold of his prime account number,can use it to place order from AMZN or does he need his password as well/

food for crime  

Message 26 of 64
latest reply

@freeshipusa1 wrote:

No,it does not benfit EBAY,it drives more buyers to AMZN.

for the pitiful FVF it received from a bottle of shampoo,pesticide,it loses a customer to AMZN   

It doesn’t drive more buyers to amazon. Common sense. The buyers that have a problem with this don’t want to give amazon their business. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 27 of 64
latest reply

I also don't like Amazon for personal, political, and technical reasons (here's one: their search engine sucks worse than eBay's). BUT I would not get upset if an eBay seller I bought from drop shipped from Amazon. I don't really see the point of getting upset about it. You can not always control the provenance (or origin) of something you buy. I think that it is the seller's responsibility to deliver you the item that you ordered, on time and as described. Nothing more nonthing less. I don't hold sellers that I buy from responsible for enforcing my political beliefs or personal boycotts. It would really be futile to do so. I also don't understand the anger many people have against drop shippers. As long as the item gets to you on schedule and intact why would you care the route it took? Many drop shippers are practicing a form of arbitrage. This tends to equalize prices and make a lower price available in all market places...by increasing available supply of the good in question. If something is selling cheaper on Amazon and you are politically / personally opposed to Amazon you would not like the opportunity to purchase it for a similarly cheap price on eBay (made possible through arbitrage?).

I do think it is completely wrong for a buyer to give negative feedback to a seller based the origin of the item unless you ask the seller ahead of time if the item is sourced from Amazon and he lies to you that it is not. It is not in any way shape or form the responsibility of the seller to devine your political / personal beliefs ahead of time. If 1 out of 10 buyers are unhappy with receiving goods from a drop shipper should the tail be able to wag the dog and prevent that option from being available to other buyers through leaving negative feedback.

Unless your seller is dealing in hand crafts almost every good originated somewhere else and most have passed through multiple markplaces or warehouses before get to you.

As to the other posters saying you should mention it to Amazon. I really doubt they care. There are whole websites about fufilling eBay orders by Amazon. It is not some dark secret.

And before amateur sleuths start digging through my listings and background I can say: I do not drop ship myself. The items that I sell (primarily used / refurbished / new computer parts) are not amenable to it.

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

Consider maybe that the seller has an Amazon business account and is paying Amazon for furfillment and wharehouse. FBA is not exclusive purchases from Amazon.com. Any seller can use it to ship if they make an account and pay Amazon its high fees.

Message 29 of 64
latest reply

@freeshipusa1 wrote:

ITEM LOCATION IS USA.

Do you work for Ebay?

Does Ebay pay you well?  

this is my issue with dropshipping in general! if i buy from you, i want to deal with you if there is an issue.  i am buying what you have in stock, not an item you can probably get and your issues should not become mine! i could care less that it came from amazon, but i didnt buy from them, you did!

Message 30 of 64
latest reply