cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller orders from Amazon, drop ships to me

This has happened to me a couple times, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. 

I ordered something on eBay, end up getting a package from Amazon with the packing slip and the lower price right on it. So I don't think they're just using FBA. It's also paid with a "Gift Certificate". 

I'm not a naive buyer who's just mad because I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else. I know it was cheaper on Amazon. I shop on eBay because I have personal and political reasons for not doing business with Amazon. I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more sometimes. 

It looks like the item was purchased directly through Amazon, hence the packing slip with the Amazon price on it. Does this activity violate the terms of either eBay or Amazon? If so I'd like to report this seller. 

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Seller orders from Amazon, drop ships to me

@dabunk2000 wrote:

If there is a small sheet of paper inside the box saying it is a gift for you it is a violation of Amazon Prime. Report to Amazon and the seller gets the boot from Prime

I've had this happen multiple times and didn't mind because most of my income money is in Paypal and Amazon doesn't accept Paypal. But, I had no idea until recently it was against Amazon's rules. 

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@faithandbutterflies wrote:

@creoleorchid wrote:

I just bought something from Amazon and it was shipped from Sam’s Club. That was a new one. 

That is a new one. Was it Amazon directly or 3rd party seller?

It was a 3rd party seller. Oddly, in checking their feedback I see this comment: Sam's Club stopped stocking this product, which I rely on for many dishes. DSLogic supplied it faster than promised, and at a good price.          

Guess they flip flop their orders.   

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

I can top that, I bought office supplies on Ebay and they were drop shipped,,,,from STAPLES!

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

People can order and ship to someone else from pretty much anywhere, it doesn't have to be a big baddie like Prime. Ebay (and other) customers have received stuff drop-shipped from Dollar Tree dot com.

As a seller I don't like it. But that's kinda how commerce is now we see. It's not 1999.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply