cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller changed username, but the scam remains the same.. Smh

I recently was taken for a month-long ride. I placed an order, didnt receive it by the date-- in fact, not at all. Had to fight to get refunds for each of the 3 items. Now-- the guy switch his username, and is back at it again. Have not received the item.  Very quick to offer a refund.  As soon as I mention that the tracking number is bunk.  But I want the item I ordered. I do not want to give this  guy a loan for a month and a half. I want the flipping order. Ebay does nothing, except scold me , when I warn other buyers.    I like the product-- but I don't giving forced loans.  I was receiving my orders (of this item) within 3-4 days.   I thought i was ordering from a different seller, after the fiasco from last month. Nope-- same jerk. I received 2 orders from this seller, fast-- now this again. Ebay should protect the buyers. If I order from the US-- there should be no loopholes.  Might as well not even have a filter option.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Seller changed username, but the scam remains the same.. Smh

CASTLE..

WELLL,  I just re-read your last post to this unhappy  buyer.  Go back for yourself and COUNT  just how MANY steps you  told this  buyer to  go  through from now   on--- IF   he wants  to  buy on here safely.  What you said is correct.  BUT look  at how long and how time-consuming that List isSmiley SurprisedWho the heck wants to go  through all  that,  just to buy an item you want.

Frankly I am becoming more and more likely to go to Bean  or some other sites I trust ---to buy more and more stuff---that I would    have bought here in the past..  Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

CASTLE..

WELLL,  I just re-read your last post to this unhappy  buyer.  Go back for yourself and COUNT  just how MANY steps you  told this  buyer to  go  through from now   on--- IF   he wants  to  buy on here safely.  What you said is correct.  BUT look  at how long and how time-consuming that List isSmiley SurprisedWho the heck wants to go  through all  that,  just to buy an item you want.

Frankly I am becoming more and more likely to go to Bean  or some other sites I trust ---to buy more and more stuff---that I would    have bought here in the past..  Smiley Sad

my point exactly!!! quality product, good price and a trouble free transaction.  pick any two you like.

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

CASTLE..

I agree with you and it`s a sad thing because there are a lot of good sellers here on ebay and many of them are willing to bend over backwards to make a sale and insure a good transaction. These good sellers are starving for sales. It`s just a darn shame.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 18 of 47
latest reply

I know it.  I quit selling on Ebay, a few years ago, because there was no seller protection. Now its the opposite.  Other buyers can say what they want-- but the fact of the matter is this, I shouldn't have to wonder if I am going to receive my order, on every purchase. There shouldn't be loopholes where international sellers, can bypass the the filters. US Only, should mean exactly that.  I shouldn't have to jump through hoops for a refund, and I shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for said refund.  But-- I'm not falling inline, so I will probably get scolded by an Ebay mod , yet again-- for my defiance 😞

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Amazon Prime is more reliable-- and they don't hide the fact that 75% is coming from China. But my stuff gets  here on time, and I have yet to be scammed.  The 2-day guarantee doesn't always happen, but at least I receive my orders.  If it isn't on time, they do whats right to make the buyer happy.  Yeah, I'm about done with this clown-show too.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

There are more then one on here doing it. This same guy who they removed a month ago for selling fake jewelry and claiming its gold and diamonds ect is back. His last 3 or 4 feedbacks have all claimed it yet its allowed to go on. Lies and false advertising are becoming the "norm" here it looks like with no help in sight..
Message 21 of 47
latest reply

Or-- Ebay can tighten up on international sellers, claiming US only. But hey-- I guess it's easier to put the blame on me? Smh.
Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Update: On 7/15-- the seller told me item was lost in the mail, and this is why I haven't received it.  Today, the seller told me they were out of stock, and thats why I didn't receive my item. I guess now I go through the month-long process of getting a refund 😞

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

Hi, @garmentvarmint2004!

Yes, I know what you are saying but it really doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to take those steps to protect yourself.  Of course many don't choose to do so, they are in a  hurry, and often don't check until after they buy when they have an issue when just a few seconds or minutes would have enabled them to avoid the issue.  It's second nature to me and I have never felt it was lengthy or time consuming and many feel the same way, but of course some won't feel that way.  Many find it worth it, but that is not a given for everyone.

But everyone has their choice.  Many prefer the vast variety and great prices here and they don't mind taking a minute or two.  Of course, new things can be bought anywhere online so if that is what the buyer wants, they have many avenues to use, such as Bean as you state.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

@jonsildan wrote:
Or-- Ebay can tighten up on international sellers, claiming US only. But hey-- I guess it's easier to put the blame on me? Smh.

No reason to SMH.  I will explain.  Yes, Ebay can tighten up on international sellers.  I never said they couldn't.  But if you keep having bad experiences with those sellers, you can also decide to stop buying from them.  That makes sense, sorry if it is offensive to you.  Very simple.  Problem solved. 

If you knew that you would get mugged if you walked on a certain street in your town, would you continue to keep walking there after you were mugged every time you did so?  I think not.  Same premise here.

It's not  a question of it being easier to put the blame on you but it is a choice that you have had issues with before yet you keep buying from them.  I said earlier that you might want to change your buying behavior~that's just a fact~you are persisting buying from international sellers despite knowing they can be problematic.  

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

Op, I am sorry you have this problem but as a previous poster said you have been to the Board before with the same problem.  It's your choice to buy internationally and that can have problems as you know.  

Many don't have those problems because they don't buy from there.

So you can continue buying from there, your choice, but you accept the risk associated with that when you do so.

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

If you knew that you would get mugged if you walked on a certain street in your town, would you continue to keep walking there after you were mugged every time you did so?  I think not.  Same premise here.

think about that for a second!!  if you knew you would get scammed every time you bought on ebay, would you continue to buy here?  the chinese pose as american, just like a sharp dressed mugger in the better part of town. 

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

Hi, @garmentvarmint2004!

Yes, I know what you are saying but it really doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to take those steps to protect yourself.  Of course many don't choose to do so, they are in a  hurry, and often don't check until after they buy when they have an issue when just a few seconds or minutes would have enabled them to avoid the issue.  It's second nature to me and I have never felt it was lengthy or time consuming and many feel the same way, but of course some won't feel that way.  Many find it worth it, but that is not a given for everyone.

But everyone has their choice.  Many prefer the vast variety and great prices here and they don't mind taking a minute or two.  Of course, new things can be bought anywhere online so if that is what the buyer wants, they have many avenues to use, such as Bean as you state.

Personal responsibility is a wonderful thing, isn’t it? Unfortunately some here strongly advocate against reading the MBG and against protecting yourself. SMH. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 28 of 47
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

think about that for a second!!  if you knew you would get scammed every time you bought on ebay, would you continue to buy here?  the chinese pose as american, just like a sharp dressed mugger in the better part of town. 

Take that second you want to use to think about it and use it to see where the seller is registered.  It doesn't matter what they pose as because it takes you two seconds to see where the seller is registered, if it says China, then you know the item most likely will ship from there and you can hit the back button.  You are acting as if there is nothing anyone can do to avoid them when that is simply not true.  It's very naive to think you would get scammed every time you bought here, however, if you insist on buying from the Chinese when you have had issues before, then yes, you could get scammed every time.  You can't stop getting mugged if you persist in walking on that street where you have been mugged before, so you stop walking there.  You can't get scammed if you take a minute or two to find out where you are buying from and don't buy from them.  

I know I won't get scammed every time I buy here because I take two seconds to protect myself but if one doesn't care to do that, then they leave themselves open to being scammed every time they buy.  Most know what to avoid and do so; it's not just me.

Ebay expects buyers to make wise buying decisions; if they open too many cases, which is very possible in these circumstances, you can lose your buying privileges and/or MBG coverage.  Then you either can't buy or have to buy at your own risk.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Hi, @garmentvarmint2004!

Personal responsibility is a wonderful thing, isn’t it? Unfortunately some here strongly advocate against reading the MBG and against protecting yourself. SMH. 

Yes, I agree, it is but it is a foreign concept (no pun intended) for many.  So of course they have problems, but those are always the fault of others.

Message 30 of 47
latest reply