cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller changed username, but the scam remains the same.. Smh

I recently was taken for a month-long ride. I placed an order, didnt receive it by the date-- in fact, not at all. Had to fight to get refunds for each of the 3 items. Now-- the guy switch his username, and is back at it again. Have not received the item.  Very quick to offer a refund.  As soon as I mention that the tracking number is bunk.  But I want the item I ordered. I do not want to give this  guy a loan for a month and a half. I want the flipping order. Ebay does nothing, except scold me , when I warn other buyers.    I like the product-- but I don't giving forced loans.  I was receiving my orders (of this item) within 3-4 days.   I thought i was ordering from a different seller, after the fiasco from last month. Nope-- same jerk. I received 2 orders from this seller, fast-- now this again. Ebay should protect the buyers. If I order from the US-- there should be no loopholes.  Might as well not even have a filter option.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

CASTLE..

WELLL,  I just re-read your last post to this unhappy  buyer.  Go back for yourself and COUNT  just how MANY steps you  told this  buyer to  go  through from now   on--- IF   he wants  to  buy on here safely.  What you said is correct.  BUT look  at how long and how time-consuming that List isSmiley SurprisedWho the heck wants to go  through all  that,  just to buy an item you want.

Frankly I am becoming more and more likely to go to Bean  or some other sites I trust ---to buy more and more stuff---that I would    have bought here in the past..  Smiley Sad

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

I`m not sure if you are aware of it or not but both sellers that you have purchased from are based out of China and both have, what I consider, terrible feedback. I`m sure that there are many good US ebay sellers that not only sell the tattoo cartridges you need, but would gladly have your business. You might have to pay a little more but....sometimes it`s worth a little extra to get what you want with no hassel. As a buyer, it`s my opinion that the key to making good purchases is checking out your sellers feedback prior to making a purchase. It at least helps.
"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

I missread your post. I see you are aware these sellers are based in China.
Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Unfortunatly clicking the US only filter doesn`t weed these type of sellers out as it should because they are shipping from a USA address. When you click on their feedback score/username you can see they are registered users from China. I think ebay should change the filter.
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

I was aware of 1 of them, after the fact. But the other , had no idea.
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Ebay does protect the buyers, through the MBG, but buyers must also do their due diligence to protect themselves.  That involves vetting the listing AND the seller, reading the seller's feedback comments, and checking their location as international orders may be problematic.  Reading feedback comments may show a pattern that tell you it is not a good idea to buy from that seller.

If you open too many cases, you can lose your buying privileges and/or your MBG coverage as Ebay expects you to make wise buying decisions.  Wise buying decisions always involved checking out the seller.  That is why there are feedback comments.

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

To avoid this situation, don't just go by the item location.  Go to the seller's profile and see where he is registered, as the item may inexplicably ship from the seller's location, as you have discovered.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

@jonsildan,

It has only been about 3 weeks since you came to the boards with the same issue. You were told then what people are telling you now.  Click on a seller's feedbck profile before buying. Look at where they are registered, read their negative feedback. Do their replies to feedback if any, look like they were written by someone whose first language is not english?  Also check their ID history.  You might find that fasttoyou might once have been uchushu.   As for "bunk" tracking numbers, if it doesn't work with domestic shippers, try China Post. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

OP needs to change his buying behavior to avoid these situations.  Not doing so guarantees he will continue to have issues when he might have taken proper steps before he bought to ensure that choosing to buy from a particular seller was a good decision.  

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

OP needs to change his buying behavior to avoid these situations.  Not doing so guarantees he will continue to have issues when he might have taken proper steps before he bought to ensure that choosing to buy from a particular seller was a good decision.  

International transactions such as these are often problematic and the OP should take that into consideration as well.  

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

The tracking number that was given was a USPS tracking number.  I notified the seller, that the number had zero movement, zero updates. Aside from being printed, that is.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Tattoo cartridges, yes-- same brand no.  I went with the seller that I have had no issues with,  always received in 3-4 days.  Until now. 

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

I didn't know beforehand, on either of them.  But I will just order straight from Prestige, and omit ebay from the loop. Future problems solved. If a buyer gets censored for warning other buyers about scammy sellers-- that isn't right.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@jonsildan

Warning to other buyers is via feedback after a verified transaction

Posting here violates the rules of these boards. Anyone could post anything, and buyers aren't going to be looking here much anyway until after they have a problem.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

@jonsildan wrote:

I will just order straight from Prestige, and omit ebay from the loop. Future problems solved.

this right here is why sales are dropping!  some of the long time buyers are willing to take the extra steps but the average consumer will just go elseware! the bad sellers hurt everyone! would you shop at a mall/store where you had to aproach every purchase is if it could be a scam?

Message 15 of 47
latest reply