cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say Goodbye to eBay Bucks

It was almost 4 years ago, to the month, that eBay decided to drop eBay Bucks from 2% to 1%.  Some idiot at a desk decides 2% is too much to give to loyal buyers.

Now some idiot at a desk decides 1% is also too much to give to loyal buyers.  I wonder if it was the same person! 

I used to get around 1 special 5% eBay bucks every month.  That ended last July; in the last 7 months I've only received 2 special bucks offers.  So 1st they throttle down the 5% special eBay bucks, then they gut the program all together.

To make it even stupider on eBay's part . . . in the same email where they gut eBay Bucks program; now they give you a year to use the eBay Bucks you will no longer get.

Thanks for literally NOTHING eBay.

I am embarrassed for eBay.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Say Goodbye to eBay Bucks

The standard used to be 5% and later IIRC, 5% rolled into the next quarter, if the earnings were less than $5 or something. They stopped rolling the earnings into the next quarter and you weren't issued a certificate if you earned less than $5, but back then Bonus Bucks varied between 5-10%+ and there was no stupid phone app. 😀 It became 2% and no minimum requirement for certificates and later 1%.

My memory's a little fuzzy, so would welcome corrections...

Message 76 of 101
latest reply

I got eBay bucks for the last quarter and used them up immediately. Since then I've not bought anything at eBay and expect my spending here will be sharply reduced. It's very difficult to claw back perks and benefits and eBay should understand people will resent it. Cutting back is a response they'll understand. 

Message 77 of 101
latest reply

You can count me in, I will be reducing purchases on eBay since they are reducing the incentive to buy.

I PURCHASE THOUSANDS IN EQUIPMENT FOR BUSINESS USE, SAY BYE BYE BUSINESS BIRDIE eBay!

Message 78 of 101
latest reply

I concur with your observations. Whenever ebay say's they are improving the sellers experience LOOK OUT. Ebay has changed so much since I became a member in the late 90's. Ebay became fleabay which morphed into scambay. Too many other options out in the real world for me.

Message 79 of 101
latest reply

Ain't it grand when everyone wants a piece of your money!

It's the American way, rob from the poor and give it to the rich.

Message 80 of 101
latest reply

It would take major changes to get me back as a seller & buyer on ebay.

Message 81 of 101
latest reply

It's wonderful to spend over $9K and get back $13.90 in Ebay bucks.

No incentive to be loyal anymore.

Message 82 of 101
latest reply

I was thinking the same thing, when companies start cutting benefits and incentives, something is going on internally that they're not divulging. ☺

Message 83 of 101
latest reply

Thats why you do a little shopping around to find the best deal. 😉

Message 84 of 101
latest reply

I THINK THEY GOT RID OF THAT TOO.

THEY JUST LIE TO YOU AND SAY THAT SOME SPECIALS WILL RESUME.

THEY ARE LIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE SLOWLY ROTTING AWAY.

Message 85 of 101
latest reply

1 Week left in the quarter and I only received one eBay Bonus Bucks offer the entire quarter.  What a JOKE!

Also, this morning my eBay Bucks page won't even load.  Anybody else having this problem.

Seriously eBay . . . Just dump eBay Bucks instead of dragging everybody through this worthless aftermath!

Message 86 of 101
latest reply

Years ago when there was a problem with the eBay Bucks transactions page, someone recommended trying the same page on ebay.ca instead -- that still seems to work for me:

https://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&ssPageName=STRK%3AME%3ALNLK%3AMERWX&currentPage=Rewar...

Note that the dates are in a different format there (dd-mm-yyyy).

Message 87 of 101
latest reply

The ebay.com ebay bucks started working again.  Surprise, surprise . . . there is a new layout. 

WHY?  You basically KILL ebay bucks, then you spend resources to update the page that shows 99.9% of my purchase give me $0.00 ebay bucks.

Once again, ebay at its finest!

Message 88 of 101
latest reply

Amazon I get %5 back on everything plus points from other purchases PLUS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, I don't ever have to worry about them telling me to take it up with everyone else and only come to them last for a resolution that will never happen.

Message 89 of 101
latest reply

EBAY IS GETTING TOO GREEDY , getting rid of there ebay bucks  i hope they loose ebay buyers ,, EBAY LOST MY BUSSINESS,,, a person can buy any thing all over the web ,, i have amazon prime i can buy from amazon ,, i am closing my ebay account that i had since 2004 

Message 90 of 101
latest reply