cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really happy with authenticity guarantee

Shout out to the eBay authenticity guarantee program. Whoever designed and implemented this program should be the next CEO of ebay. The level of service is truly astonishing. They are blowing other platforms away. I’ve bought so much and only had one issue which the seller actually resolved before I even really contacted eBay which I was thankful for. As a buyer on here for a really long time, I no longer have to worry about what I’m going to get (or not get) when I hit the buy it now button. I hope the authenticity guarantee department sees this. They definitely have their game on. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Really happy with authenticity guarantee

@justagirl12 wrote:

Shout out to the eBay authenticity guarantee program.

Whoever designed and implemented this program should be the next CEO of ebay. The level of service is truly astonishing. They are blowing other platforms away. I’ve bought so much and only had one issue which the seller actually resolved before I even really contacted eBay which I was thankful for. As a buyer on here for a really long time, I no longer have to worry about what I’m going to get (or not get) when I hit the buy it now button. I hope the authenticity guarantee department sees this.

They definitely have their game on. 

I definitely feel like I have been gamed on. 

@justagirl12 wrote:

Ebay authenticate sent me an altered bag listed as new and in addition it’s counterfeit 

@justagirl12 wrote:

Authenticate sent me a counterfeit bag & I can’t open return request

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@justagirl12,

No ebay employee will likely see your topic, since these are member to member boards.  and it is likely that the members of the team who developed the Guarantee many years ago, no longer work for ebay.

Yes, ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) does work well, but only for those who read the policy and follow its time frames for taking actions. Even some of the not very pro ebay blogs, admit to that.

Unfortunately, if you search through the topics on this board, you will find many authored by members who did not take the time to read the policies and its time frames.  They let the time frames lapse or only tried contacting the seller and did not file a dispute at all or until it was too late.

There are some situations that the MBG policies, do not work with very well.  Those are usually scams used by people who take advantage of the loopholes in the MBG's policy. However, there is resolution even for those problems, but they are not posted in any of ebay's buyer protection information.  How to get resolution is covered in many of the topics with titles saying "Tracking showed delivered, but I did not receive the item" or similarly worded topics.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

100% agreed - love the program.  I’ve only used it twice, but can’t imagine buying shoes on eBay without it now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply