cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase History: "We Looked Everywhere"

FGS, NOW what? Been this way all evening. Another eBay exclusive that never happens anywhere else. ever. Can't eBay program anything correctly?

Anyone else? 

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Purchase History: "We Looked Everywhere"

@gramophone-georg,

I was on ebay last evening and had no problem accessing any part of the site on my computer.  That's not to say that I do not occasionally run into the "this feature is currently unavailable..." message.  Usually, if I clear my temporary internet files and cookie cache then restart my computer.  I find I can access the feature I was trying to use. If ebay was updating things on the system then it may have caused some black outs, but those usually go away after a couple of hours.

If you were trying to access ebay using the app, I have no idea what may be happening. I gave up on the app years ago.

" Can't eBay program anything correctly?"

These sort of things happen when a site that was created back before Windows 98, outsources their IT dept. The people doing the programming now probably never heard of the old operating systems and don't know if upgrades will cause conflicts with them. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I can't find anything either. I can't even find a way to contact seller.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can't access anything either, everything says it is missing, thanks again Ebay!!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Same here. I also can't access saved searches, saved sellers, or bids. They claim "they've looked everywhere" - yeah, right. What a bunch of idiots!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@gramophone-georg,

I was on ebay last evening and had no problem accessing any part of the site on my computer.  That's not to say that I do not occasionally run into the "this feature is currently unavailable..." message.  Usually, if I clear my temporary internet files and cookie cache then restart my computer.  I find I can access the feature I was trying to use. If ebay was updating things on the system then it may have caused some black outs, but those usually go away after a couple of hours.

If you were trying to access ebay using the app, I have no idea what may be happening. I gave up on the app years ago.

These sort of things happen when a site that was created back before Windows 98, outsources their IT dept. The people doing the programming now probably never heard of the old operating systems and don't know if upgrades will cause conflicts with them. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@gramophone-georg,

Well, this sort of makes sense. Funny thing is, is that Amazon launched a year and two months before eBay and has none of these problems.

I'm not on the app- I'm on my laptop. eBay's app is a complete unmitigated disaster, again, unlike its older brother Amazon's.

Today it's working- finally- 

Today's new trick? I go to eBay's site to sign in, and before I can, it's "CAPTCHA"! I sign in, and then, yet again, it's "CAPTCHA"!

Wonder why sales are down...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I appreciate the post and understand why this might happen, but like a number of other screwups on this site, that doesn't mean I approve of it or think steps shouldn't be taken on ebay's end to correct it 😛

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If you get the oops message it ether means the site is over ran with too much traffic or if it is a listing, the listing has been removed by eBay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply