cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Shipping??

I made a good size order probably 2 weeks ago.  I still do not have it.  The shipping company on the order summary states that the shipper is Promotional Shipping.

Huh?

the tracking is weird.  I have never seen it before.  This is. US seller.

i have sold on EBay for 20 years, but have cut way back because of the super strict deficit cr....p that was going on.

Has anyone seen this before?  Am I missing something?  She has good prices.  I do not want to burn a bridge here, but I have received packages from China sooner.

i thought that everything had to have tracking, and ultra fast delivery.

I am getting close to turning this seller in, which I have never done.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Promotional Shipping??

What are you going to turn her in for? If the latest delivery estimate hasn’t passed, you just need to be patient. You can file an item not received case after the latest delivery estimate. Doesn’t sound like she’s done anythinf wrong here, she’s not even required to ship with tracking.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@pugchaserwrote:

I made a good size order probably 2 weeks ago.  I still do not have it.  The shipping company on the order summary states that the shipper is Promotional Shipping.

Huh?

the tracking is weird.  I have never seen it before.  This is. US seller.

i have sold on EBay for 20 years, but have cut way back because of the super strict deficit cr....p that was going on.

Has anyone seen this before?  Am I missing something?  She has good prices.  I do not want to burn a bridge here, but I have received packages from China sooner.

I am getting close to turning this seller in, which I have never done.

Although eBay would like all sellers to use their personal transporters to beam products directly to the buyer as soon as they pay ...

Sellers are not required to use tracking.

Sellers are allowed to have a handling time of up to 30 days.

Sellers are allowed to ship economy (slow)

"Promotional Shipping" means that the seller was running a promotion for shipping, such as "spend $150, get expedited shipping" or "buy 3 items, get free shipping" (those are examples, it could be anything) using Promotions Manager. With PM, there is no specified carrier.

What is the estimated delivery date on the order?

If it has passed, have you (politely) asked the seller about it?

You have 30 days past the Last Estimated Delivery date to file INR.

You can open INR one day after the Estimated Delivery date, but remember that the date is an ESTIMATE.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@pugchaserwrote:

I don't know why you thought that, but you are mistaken.

How could you think that when you've been here 18 years with thousands of transactions?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am really fed up with this Tracking issue. It seems like nothing is being done to help remedy the situation.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sellers aren't required to use tracking.

If they do, they're not required to give the buyer the tracking #.

They're only required to deliver the item, as described.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@pf9000wrote:

I am really fed up with this Tracking issue. It seems like nothing is being done to help remedy the situation.

@pf9000

Your statement is rather vague ...

What "tracking issue" are you referring to? And what would you like done to "remedy" it?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@pugchaser

I forgot to ask ... you said the tracking was "weird"... which means you have tracking?

What does the tracking actually say?

Have you tried googling the tracking number to find out what carrier it is?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I received the package. All is good.
I used to sell quite a bit on Ebay. I have taken it down to a small dribble, since the whole deficit Big Brother thing started, and am invested in other venues.
I was mainly asking for my own education. The last that I knew, everything had to have tracking, or we received a deficit.
I am glad to hear that that has relaxed a bit.
As for turning another seller in, I would be VERY reluctant to do that. In 20 years, I have done that once, because the item broke after using it for a week, and he refused to give me a refund.
I have never seen the Promotional Tracking phrase used.
Thanks for your help!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply