cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment info required when making an offer

Please note, while eBay's message says 'Now you CAN', it is now  you must. Where I come from, 'can' implies choice, 'must' doesn't.  eBay's message is, at best, shady, at worst, deceptive. Chewing back the word 'lie...'

Now, I know plenty of sellers will rejoice at the news: no more offers sent, accepted, then the buyer sitting on the item without reasonably quickly paying.

I know there will be occasions where multiple offers, especially 'free shipping' implying savings to the seller, and items which can be picked up end up requiring the seller to refund, and isn't that a nasty word, causing things to move less than smoothly.

Again, I understand why, and I will adjust, and probably counter-offer far less often, but I still think eBay didn't clearly, see above, prepare this change.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Payment info required when making an offer

Oh . . . my . .  . goodness!!!!! Thank you so much for responding. I was just getting ready to contact eBay about this, but will save my time and breath.

This: "It will be the responsibility for the BUYER ID to contact the seller first to see if they are willing the adjust the default setting in the buyer requirements." I was thinking the same thing! I did contact the seller we win the most auctions with to alert him and hopefully he will turn it off, which I think he will because he does numerous auctions with repeat buyers every week. And yes, we will have to contact the seller, etc., beforehand, which is such a pain. And now I will even contact sellers to send me the offers I was thinking about instead of me sending them an offer. What a pain!!!

Debbie
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Payment info required when making an offer

And now I will even contact sellers to send me the offers I was thinking about instead of me sending them an offer. What a pain!!!

@fromyesteryeartohere 

I am not sure it works that way if the SELLER sends the offer.  It may, I have only been in "Buyer ID Prison" now for a couple of days.  I did NOT provide a payment source when I got the "You can now...Yada Yada" so, if works when sellers send offers in the same fashion, I would imagine I will get the some sort of screen again.  The last offer I accepted was BEFORE my buyer ID got sentenced, so I don't know. 

In the meantime, I will see if I can remove ANY stored information with regards to payments (I know I have a couple of expired cards that I simply left there last time I looked).  Sellers DO NOT see who they are sending offers to.  I got four from one seller the other day.  If they require upfront/autocharged payments for those as well, there will be no sales unless it is the ONLY item I would like to purchase from that seller. 

Message 32 of 32
latest reply