cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Feedback

I did a BIN on an item yesterday.  An hour later the seller cancelled the sale and refunded me, telling me that they had listed the item "too low" and wer refunding me. My question is seeing that the seller cancelled the sale, will I still have the opportunity to leave feedback on this transaction?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Leaving Feedback

If that buyer is new , I would give him a bit of slack.  I would email them and tell them that one or two more errors like that and they will be suspended from Ebay. Let them know that this cancellation is a "defect" on their record.   Let them know that a good seller would "eat' their mistakes. I too have made several errors when listing and of course, all of the items sold at a loss. I never made an error where I overpriced the item and some sucker bid.   I actually had a Hot Wheels listed for 85.00 instead of 8.50.  I only realized it just before the ad ended.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yes. Be factual and unemotional. 

"Did BIN and paid. Seller canceled and refunded claiming he didn't sell for enough money." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

That is my plan. No name-calling. Factual, as you state.  I am wondering how I can find the option to give feedback now that the auction was "cancelled."?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

There does not appear to be the option available for me to leave feedback.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

What reason did the seller use for the cancellation? If they chose ''Buyer requested'' then you can not leave FB, but as it was a lie you can report the seller for using a false reason

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Feedback is an option.

Is this a new seller?

If new seller,  you can do as you choose, but me, I would cut them a bit of slack rather than punishing them for an error. At least they seem to be honest. Even if not a new seller, sometimes moving on is just the thing to do.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

When I go to a seller's table and take the time to pick something and then go to buy it and the seller says 'oh, that wasn't supposed to be in the $5 bin, that is a good item and is $30' I will give him back the item and everything else I picked with the seller because he is the kind of seller we all hate, who changes their prices to see what they can chisel out of people.

I sold a $25 postcard for $2 last week in error (thanks to Ebay), but I shipped my error without whining to the customer.   Instead, I come here and whine!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@deltilogical,

You started selling on ebay probably back when we could accept checks and money orders, as I did.  The getting started info back then was easy to find and took less than an hour to get through even if you watched the great video on how to sell and answered the follow up questions.  These days the getting started info takes hours to get through, and some of the info is incomplete and seems contradictory. 

We can afford the occasional mistake, but maybe a new seller cannot.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did you look for that item under purchase history on your my eBay page?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If that buyer is new , I would give him a bit of slack.  I would email them and tell them that one or two more errors like that and they will be suspended from Ebay. Let them know that this cancellation is a "defect" on their record.   Let them know that a good seller would "eat' their mistakes. I too have made several errors when listing and of course, all of the items sold at a loss. I never made an error where I overpriced the item and some sucker bid.   I actually had a Hot Wheels listed for 85.00 instead of 8.50.  I only realized it just before the ad ended.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Actually I only started selling about 7 years ago as garage sale, and the past year more seriously.  

But I did purchase many items with check many years ago, as I started buying in the 90's.  I think I even mailed some sellers cash. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

If you wish to leave appropriate feedback (calm, factual) and the links you usually use have vanished, go to anyone's Feedback Profile (click on the Feedback Score in parentheses following anyone's User ID) and scroll to the bottom of the page to find a link that usually works to leave feedback for cancelled transactions.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@woodland_gnome wrote:

@avintagejool wrote:

There does not appear to be the option available for me to leave feedback.

If you wish to leave appropriate feedback (calm, factual) and the links you usually use have vanished, go to anyone's Feedback Profile (click on the Feedback Score in parentheses following anyone's User ID) and scroll to the bottom of the page to find a link that usually works to leave feedback for cancelled transactions.

a9dsjiofjiodjsoifjioasjdofijosdajfoijoasdjfoijdsoijfojsdoiafoog9.jpg

@avintagejool 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply