cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just met the worst seller on eBay

The seller listed a pair of children’s shoes in the adult shoes section with a description that didn’t make clear that they were children’s shoes. I bought them. They came. They were obviously too small so I started a return. THE SELLER CLOSED THE RETURN! I didn’t even know a seller could do that?!?!? Then they refused to refund the purchase price EVEN IF I PAID TO SEND THE SHOES BACK MYSELF!!!! **bleep** is wrong with people?!?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Just met the worst seller on eBay

Please read: https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/td-p/26164369

No naming and shaming on Community forums. 

What return did you start? Should have been not as described.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

From what we see in this forum this is hardly the worst seller on eBay.

Your mistake was stating "doesn't fit" as the reason for the return. Ebay considers that a remorse return, and since the seller has a 'no returns' policy they were able to decline it. Had you chosen that the item was not as described, eBay would have forced the seller to accept the return and sent you a return shipping label.

If all you did was open the return without contacting the seller, you might contact them now. They may not have been aware the shoes were children's, since I saw no markings in the picture that would indicate that. Mistakes happen, and the vast majority of sellers will try to make them right.  Of course the feedback you left is probably going to preclude them doing anything for you at this point.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The listing says that the seller does not accept returns.  You should have filed a claim for item being "Not as described," then the seller would have to pay for the return shipping if they want the item back.

Here's aBay's buyer protection policy, which they call the "Money back guarantee." It might still be possible for you to file a claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

A 'NO RETURN' item has to have a RETURN FORCE FED by using the reason of NOT AS DESCRIBED where the buyer does NOT have the option to 'deny' a return. 

You must've opened the return with the wrong reason ie. doesn't fit' etc. which allows the seller to 'deny' the return. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The size 13C's?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Didn't see that the OP left bad FB for the seller.  Was it removed perhaps?  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Assuming that you used "doesn't fit" as the reason for the return, we can see why your claim was denied.

Your options now are to open an ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE with Paypal, or do a chargeback with your card. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

I assumed that @kathiec knew the item because of the OP's post which named the seller before it was edited by a mod.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

It has indeed been removed. My guess would be because the seller simply enforced their no returns policy for what eBay classified as a remorse return.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@payitforward67 

@payitforward67 wrote:

The seller listed a pair of children’s shoes in the adult shoes section with a description that didn’t make clear that they were children’s shoes. I bought them. They came. They were obviously too small so I started a return. THE SELLER CLOSED THE RETURN! I didn’t even know a seller could do that?!?!? Then they refused to refund the purchase price EVEN IF I PAID TO SEND THE SHOES BACK MYSELF!!!! **bleep** is wrong with people?!?

Some friendly advice for your future purchases. If the description is not clear, it would be beneficial to contact the seller and ask them to clarify the details of the item before buying/bidding, in order to avoid any mistaken purchases.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

@payitforward67 

@payitforward67 wrote:

Some friendly advice for your future purchases. If the description is not clear, it would be beneficial to contact the seller and ask them to clarify the details of the item before buying/bidding, in order to avoid any mistaken purchases.

In this case, the buyer had no culpability and there was no reason to question the info in the listing. The problem is not that the listing was unclear, the problem was the seller had listed the item in the wrong category, which misled the buyer into purchasing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply