cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got scammed. How to fix this?

- A few days ago I bought a GPU for $440 which is a price too good to be true (MSRP $600).

- Scammer provided a fake Fedex tracking number.

- I received a notification that my package is delivered, but it wasn't sent to my address and I have PROOF.

- I reported to eBay, but they closed my case because Fedex says it was delivered.

- I called Fedex, and they gave me a PDF of the real shipping address where the "package" was delivered. The scammer sent a package to a warehouse a mile from my house.

- I contacted eBay but I can't appeal because they said it was delivered.

Now, here I am. I'm stuck! What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Hi eburtonlab,

My original report was "Item Not Received" which was closed in favor of the seller.

Then, I appealed and selected the option titled: "My item was delivered to the wrong address".

But I understand you now. It's very strange that the representatives didn't read any of the words in my report. The fact that I submitted a PDF proof from Fedex in my appeal meant nothing, at all.

I currently don't use any social media. Is there an alternative? I'll join to get my case resolved. But I'd prefer working with eBay directly via phone/email.

I am very appreciative for your advice thus far. Thank you!

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion! I used a credit card, thankfully.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Ok, thanks! In that case, I'll do it now.

Update: I was able to send a message to eBayForBusiness. Thanks all for your advice! I'll keep you all posted! 👋

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@pragma888 wrote:

My original report was "Item Not Received" which was closed in favor of the seller.

Then, I appealed and selected the option titled: "My item was delivered to the wrong address".

It's very strange that the representatives didn't read any of the words in my report. The fact that I submitted a PDF proof from Fedex in my appeal meant nothing, at all. 

It looks @eburtonlab @ittybitnot like eBay is moving to handle the fake tracking scam, with the "My item was delivered to the wrong address" option to appeal an INR closed in favor of the seller because tracking shows delivered.

But although we hear that appeals are reviewed by humans, they may not have been trained yet for this option. And regardless devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay isn't this late in the process, to concede a $440 refund (which eBay will have to pay, since it's an appeal) when the submitted PDF from FedEx ends the appeal in favor of the buyer?

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

It looks @eburtonlab @ittybitnot like eBay is moving to handle the fake tracking scam, with the "My item was delivered to the wrong address" option to appeal an INR closed in favor of the seller because tracking shows delivered.

@bctk5292 

The screen shot in message #12 provided by @dare-2046 is of a PAYPAL page, where the selection is provided for the BUYER to choose 'item shipped to wrong address'.   Are you saying that selection is visible on eBay now as well, but ONLY during the appeal stage?  

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Next time buy from Amazon and don’t expect miracles…

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

You need to call ebay and ask them to give  you the email address where you can give them the proof from Fed Ex. I personally am sick of hearing about these cases on here with these scammers with the fake address scam, and you have to call Ebay and get that PROOF sent to them and go over this again and catch these people doing this stuff. Other than that. File a chargeback.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Seriously, this stuff has got to be reviewed properly by ebay with the buyer sending this proof to them to stop this.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Right, GET ON FACEBOOK WITH EBAY FOR BUSINESS.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

WHAT THESE SCAMMER doing  THIS DO NOT REALIZE or they don’t care is that all this nonsense can be verified 100 percent by the carrier. Fed ex takes pictures of where these packages end up and have Global Positions system. USPS has global positioning also in their database. The buyers AND the sellers who have been victimized by these people need to get proactive all the time about this.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

This makes Ebay look really stupid - classic cliche corporate antihuman nonsense.

THIS:  "File mail fraud and a police report." 

But frankly, its getting where we citizens are going to have to take care of this ourselves.  

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

How many sales by seller? Did buyer communicate with seller? Any response? 

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Hi @pragma888 

eBay apparently is not yet equipped to handle the ‘fake tracking number scam’ efficiently.  I would deal directly with the Fraud Department of your credit card company in getting refunded.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Yep, a lot easier to do that for sure.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

It’s a huge labor intensive ordeal for them. I understand. To the extent of how much this is happening not sure but a company that handles as many transactions as ebay, it has to be pretty high. The solution is for the buyers and the sellers to do the leg work. Ebay would need an entire building of people dedicated to do this. Each seller and buyer must be proactive.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply