cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t BID the item I wanted

When I’m bidding I wanted it, this error tells me Unfortunately, you cannot make offers or place bids due to a history of unpaid items on eBay.

Please go to your Purchases in My eBay to complete any pending payments so you can continue making offers and placing bids.

You may also search for other items with the Buy It Now option and pay to complete your purchase.  
What happen? I can’t buy it?  I check my purchases and I don’t see nothing. 

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

2 Stars. Shocker!

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

You can expect more sellers to block you when they see you think bid retractions are okay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 47 of 73
latest reply

I can’t find the seller who blocked me on bidding. So what am I going do? 

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a wrote:

I can’t find the seller who blocked me on bidding. So what am I going do? 

It's not a single seller. Each seller has settings on their selling account. One of those is to block bidders with two or more unpaid item strikes in a certain period, usually 12 months. So the majority of sellers on eBay will have blocked you.

You may still be able to purchase Buy it Now listings that require immediate payment. You may also find sellers who don't have that block set. Beyond that all you can do is wait until the strikes age off.

Message 49 of 73
latest reply

How do I log in as Guest? 

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

I can't wait that long? Is there another way? 

Message 51 of 73
latest reply

Not only are they blocked from your sales but from those of many other smart sellers. 

Message 52 of 73
latest reply

PLEASE.  Try to understand what happened.  There are consequences when you do not pay for purchases.

There is no reason to try to contact a seller who has blocked you.  That's what "blocked" means, no contact.

Message 53 of 73
latest reply

You can't wait that long to buy a game? How old are you? 

Message 54 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a wrote:

How do I log in as Guest? 

Guest accounts can't bid on items. They can only do Buy it Now, immediate payment required, which you can do now.

There is no way around the current block against you. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. There are consequences to actions. I sense that you're very young, so this is a lesson you had to learn sometime. Now is that time.

Message 55 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a ,

First of all I would never be in your situation since I honor my bids. However, if I were in your situation I would set up a new account.

Hopefully you have learned your lesson.

Message 56 of 73
latest reply

Aren't new accounts linked to old accounts?  

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

@marnotom! ,

I don’t have that restriction and I still get only 1 or 2 non paying buyers a year out of the thousands of items I sell on eBay each year. I don’t lose any sleep over non paying buyers. 

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a ,

You can come and spend your money with me. I don’t restrict any of my buyers. I like green just like the next guy.

I believe in giving the benefit of doubt and second chances.

Message 59 of 73
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@martin_aguilar_a ,

First of all I would never be in your situation since I honor my bids. However, if I were in your situation I would set up a new account.

Hopefully you have learned your lesson.

@theteamsetguy 

Ebay strictly prohibits setting up a new account to circumvent a restriction on another account. And they are *very* good at finding out when this happens. So if you were in that situation and set up that new account you'd find yourself permanently banned from the site.

Message 60 of 73
latest reply