cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bough and paid for iteam but no responce for seller

So once again the seller did not get enough for the iteam, and would not give me his address so I could collect it. I paid him though the ebay system instead of cash on collection like a normal person would do in the event he could not cancel the iteam on me, but can he still cancel the iteam on me even though I have paid?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I bough and paid for iteam but no responce for seller

Yes, the seller can cancel the transaction and issue the refund.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I bough and paid for iteam but no responce for seller

@upriv-51,

You are located in the U.K. and should have posted your problem on your home site's  (ebay.co.uk) community.  This is the U.S. based site's (ebay.com) community.  The rules for getting a refund for a local pickup item in the UK may be different than the ones in the U.S..  below is a direct link to the U.K. community.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/ 

If you ask the seller to cancel, they can cancel saying the Buyer requested cancellation, and they will not get a defect on their account, and you will not be able to leave feedback,  or if you do leave one it will be removed. 

If the listing also included a shipping option as well as local pickup you would have to wait until the least estimated delivery date given for the shipping option, then file an item not received dispute using the Money Back Guarantee.  

It also sounds like you bought from a new or very inexperienced seller. Experienced ones would know better than to message a buyer saying they want to cancel because they didn't get enough for their item. They would have listed it for the minimum amount they would be willing to accept. They also would have already refunded the payment. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply