cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact Ebay and send them a screenshot of a message exchange with a shady buyer?

I'm going to try and return an item because the seller lied to me about what was supposed to be included. He was a complete jerk when I messaged him and there may be some issues getting my money back. I don't want to ship the item back before I get some reassurance from someone that I will get a full refund.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: How do I contact Ebay and send them a screenshot of a message exchange with a shady buyer?

@usgrant18642008 

The seller, per eBay policy,      HAS NO CHOICE                  but to refund, unless the return is a "remorse" return.

On a INAD return the seller must refund, (even for a false INAD) or eBay will do it for them using "seller funds".

If the seller is TR ,  and refunds ............... per eBay policy.....................  negative feedback is "auto scrubbed".

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Re: How do I contact Ebay and send them a screenshot of a message exchange with a shady buyer?

I don't see "Not as described" as an option.

I went with "Missing parts or pieces."

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@usgrant18642008 wrote:

Here's my other problem - he is probably expecting negative feedback at this point - so why would he feel the need to give me a refund? What's the worst that could happen to him outside of negative feedback?

Once you open a return and that item is delivered back to the seller. eBay gives the seller something like 1-2 days to issue the refund. If they don't, eBay will refund you and take the money from them. It's simply not possible for the seller to withhold the refund. The only thing a seller can do and ONLY if they are TRS (top rated) is withhold up to 50% of the refund IF it's returned different from how it was sent (i.e. used/damaged/etc). If your seller is not top rated they cannot do this.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

That is a NAD. Although technically false, it will work.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

No worries there. Seller is not TRS.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@usgrant18642008 wrote:

His last message:

New message from: 

You’re English is even worse. When you are referencing someone’s business practices, the correct adverb is Your, not you. I assume you voted for Biden too.

If that dude thought calling out your grammar was a good idea, he really blew it lol. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

IKR

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Good to know. Thanks.

The guy replied with "Merry Christmas" after approving the return request.

Real classy. It won't be as merry, because one the the golf balls I wanted was supposed to be a gift for someone else. smh.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I also want to let EBAY know about his deception and his vulgar and uncouth response.

@usgrant18642008 

The return process is automated.  Bots don't "care",  and none of that dialog matters to a 'machine'.   Follow the procedure to return and get your money back.  

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Once you get your refund, you can report the seller for offensive language. You can ask ebay to read the emails that he sent you.  If enough people complain, ebay will give him notice to clean up his act.  

Feedback, give it to him once he refunds.  Don't say that ebay refunded.  If he defrauded you, mention it. Keep it short but factual.  Again, do not mention ebay stepped in or refund because then it will be removed.  Bringing politics is a big no-no.    

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Thanks.

So I can only report him AFTER I receive a refund?

And I've never left negative feedback before. I look forward to this. And I want to warn other potential buyers who are considering buying from this guy. 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Get your money back and then report the seller.

Now that you opened a return for missing pieces the seller has 3 days to provide a return label or a refund. If they don't then go back to the case and ask eBay to step in.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a huge problem where an ebay agent admitted this allows fraudulent buyers to get their money back without sending the item back and eBay knowingly are aware the buyer is lieing. I never get items back when a buyer requests a return they always get to keep it and get their back . Ebay have told me that  they have witnessed buyers doing this then selling that item on ebay for twice or three times the amount they paid for it but cannot stop them. So why can't they stop them? They can they just cannot be bothered!

Now in the real world and not the fairy world ebay live in an individual would need to prove the item is fake etc . Ebay does not require proof and will believe any story that's made up. I know this because I'm a seller and a buyer and eBay have told me this but not used those exact words only that the money back guarantee allows money back for any reason a buyer desires. There is no option to provide photographic evidence of receipts from shops you bought the goods you are selling etc because it's inconvenient for ebay. They are not interested in who's telling the truth they are just interested in making as much money as they can by abusing us sellers. I have buyers who regularly claim that the item I've bought from a UK shop e. g boots asda primark is counterfeit and these shops are the ones selling counterfeit goods then knowingly sold on to me who I knowingly sell onto  the buyer. Well would anyone buy counterfeit goods from boots or adds knowing they were counterfeit kero buying and not report that company? Ebay and the buyers seem to think so and this is perfectly logical and eBay dont question it! Although this is impossible with uk laws ebay fall for it and the reason why they want your bank details as a seller isn't so they can pay you for what you sell as there are countless safe and more honest ways to do this it means ebay can withdraw funds from your bank account avd give it to the scammer as and when they please. I spoke to an agent who told me that ebay dont need any consent to remove money  from a sellers bank account because when you register to buy or sell  ebay the small print which you never get to see gives them authority to withdraw unlilited  funds at any amount they choose and eBay Said to me over the phone when I questioned it, apparently they have brokered private deals with banks to do this that doed not require the account holders consent! ...hmmm sounds like a dodgy deal to me! This is because at one time honest sellers were not prepared to be scammed and abused  to refund the scammers on ebay and the scammers kicked off that much they had to give in. When I spoke to my bank and the police they Said although this is ILEGAL in the UK and noone can write this into any terms and conditions ebay get away with it because noone can challenge them. Not unless you are Johnny Deppe and launch a massive lawsuit. So there's no such thing as seller protection. There's such  as scammer and thief and liar protection but then isn't this typical. The liars cheats and thieves come out with no crap on them while those who are honest get told they are the liars. In fact I've recently had this from ebay agents who called me the scammer after ive been scammed by a fake buyer and when I asked how could I block them agents refused to reply gave me the  childish silent treatment pretended they no speakee English or closed down  chat to avoid helping me now if that's not suspicious as they became really frightened then what is? I really believe some of these scam buyers are actually ebay employees running a scam themselves and  when a seller ash's questions that might reveal this this is when agents  become irate aggressive and verbally abusive on the phone or chat and eBay agents actually agreed with me which is very bizzare! 

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply