cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact Ebay and send them a screenshot of a message exchange with a shady buyer?

I'm going to try and return an item because the seller lied to me about what was supposed to be included. He was a complete jerk when I messaged him and there may be some issues getting my money back. I don't want to ship the item back before I get some reassurance from someone that I will get a full refund.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

How do I contact Ebay and send them a screenshot of a message exchange with a shady buyer?

Open a return case for return as SNAD. Not as described.  You can attach a photo to the case, but you won't need to really.  Open a return case before mailing anything back.  You will be provided a return shipping label. and have a record of the return.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Will I be able to screenshot the messages? Because this will clearly show his deception. At the very least, he should be suspended.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Why would you not simply open an item not as described case?

What issues would you expect if you open the case within 30 days?

You cannot expect to be refunded until/unless you use the prepaid return label to send it back.

Have you read the Money Back Guarantee?

No one here is able to GUARANTEE that you will get a full refund.  But we can most certainly GUARANTEE that, unless you open a case, and follow the directions for returning, you cannot expect this to turn out in your favor.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Here is one quote from the seller:

Hey **bleep**stick I have 15,000 logos. What do you want? I’ll send it to you today.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

You can certainly try.  But if enough people file cases against a seller, either the seller learns really fast and corrects the problems, or they may not last long on ebay.

Just file your case for a full refund for not as described.  You'll get all your money back, and the seller pays for return shipping.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

This. 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Yes - My plan is to return the item. But I DON'T want to ship it back and then wait around hoping a hostile seller will refund my money because I could end up being out the MONEY and the product. I also want to let EBAY know about his deception and his vulgar and uncouth response.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@usgrant18642008 

Seems that the seller was deceitful.

You can pick a reason for return, but in actually most any INAD reason would technically be an untruth. The seller will have to do a refund upon return, but could.................   could...............  contact eBay stating that you are requesting something that was not in the listing.

You got what was in the listing. You just did not get the "extra side promise" item.

No excuse for the seller's actions.

Appears that the seller is willing (begrudgingly)  to send another ball.

There is a link to report vulgarity. Likely can be found using "help & contact".  Someone may chime in with the link.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

He wrote this at one point: 

"You waited too long to pay and it sold unfortunately."

I had to make the offer on the other ball first and wait. 

I checked back just a second ago - I paid him 6 minutes after he sent me a message asking for payment. SMH.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

One of his earliest messages. The only reason I made this purchase was this. Then the dufus goes and sells that ball to someone else. 

I had a free US Route 66 ball I was going to throw in if you bought something today. Keep me posted.
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Fine, but like I said, there is no obligation on the part of your seller to refund you unless/until he receives the item back.  If that's okay with you, then go for it.  And, again, if you open the case, receive the prepaid label, return the package in a timely manner with tracking, don't see how you could end up without a refund.  

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Here's my other problem - he is probably expecting negative feedback at this point - so why would he feel the need to give me a refund? What's the worst that could happen to him outside of negative feedback?

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

His last message:

New message from: 

You’re English is even worse. When you are referencing someone’s business practices, the correct adverb is Your, not you. I assume you voted for Biden too.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply