cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help both Seller and EBay ripped me off!

Help, I’ve been an eBay member (buyer only) for over 20+ years with 100 percent positive feedback. I filed two separate complaints with eBay, both sellers never shipped my already paid for items, never refunded my money back to me and will not answer my numerous attempts to contact. I’m a patient buyer and gave both these buyers several months to ship my items to me all the while I would message on a weekly basis for updates with zero response. I have escalated with eBay with great difficulty only to be told I did not do so within 30 days. So for being a patient buyer and hundreds of purchases made on eBay this is what I get?

eBay you are totally complicit because you get a percentage of the sellers sales knowing the buyer paid and did not receive their payed item nor received a refund.

Real nice eBay you should be ashamed of yourselves you disgust me! How many others do you do this too?! Obviously your Profits are more important to you than helping and protecting your buyers. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I’m sorry to say when you post in this forum you’re not addressing eBay , you’re addressing fellow buyers and sellers here. 
That being said, eBay has the Money Back Guarantee that works really well for buyers if used correctly and in a timely fashion. eBay gives you 30 days from the last estimated date of delivery to open an item not received case to get a refund. Sadly you let that time lapse, not eBay’s fault. 

If you paid with PayPal they give you up to 180 days to file an item not received case. If you paid with a credit card file a chargeback with them.

Those are the options you have now.

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

First, you aren't talking to eBay. This is a member-to-member forum. I'm honestly completely gobsmacked that you've been a member for 20 years and never bothered to check out eBay's Money Back Guarantee. It's literally linked in its own box on every listing. You might want to check it out for future reference. 

www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@eire_og32 

Ebay did not "rip you off". I have always had luck when I have used Ebay's 30 day Money Back Guarantee.

PER EBAY:

Report that your item hasn't arrived

You have up to 30 calendar days after the estimated delivery date has passed to report that an item hasn't arrived.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't understand a member for any length of time who appears to have no knowledge of the Money Back Guarantee. 

To the OP:  In all of those years, is this the very first time you've not received an item you ordered?

If so, congratulations -- you must be choosing your sellers well.

However, the part of your message that lambastes eBay for not offering protection is completely wrong.

The MBG is very good; however, like anything else, it is the BUYER'S responsibility to read it, understand it and use it in a timely fashion.  

BTW, when you allow the 30 day deadline to expire, you can open a case with Paypal, if that's how you paid, or, last chance, do a chargeback on your credit card.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@eire_og32,

On just about every listing  You should have seen:

mudshark61369_0-1691227251074.png

Haven't you ever wondered what the terms of the Money Back Guarantee were, and clicked on the Learn more  button? Had you done that, you would not have let the 30 day time frame for filing disputes expire. You have only yourself to blame if you didn't check out what those terms were after not receiving your items within a few days of the last estimated delivery date to see how you would have been protected.

Do you also not know to check the feedback profile pages of any seller you intend to buy from?  Sellers who do not ship usually, either just started selling, or have feedback already for not shipping.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply