cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forever stamps?

I bought 4 rolls of forever stamps yesterday for $40 each roll. it says they were shipped. Today it says the listing has been removed. Was this a scam?  What should I do next?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Forever stamps?

Was it removed by the seller, or by eBay?

It's been a couple of years since I had a purchase where the item was subsequently removed and I was notified by eBay that eBay had removed it and I would be getting a refund for the transaction. I don't know if it still works that way, but assuming that it does, they should be refunding you within a few days.

Someone else may be able to tell you how the system works when it's the seller who removed the listing. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Same happened to me w/ AirPods.  I just clicked 'item not received' (or whatever is similar to that) and ebay refunded my money.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

eBay has been cracking down on those items: and this is due to the fake stamps being sold on eBay..

So even if you get your item have them checked at your PO and see if they be fake.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It doesn't say who removed it. I am assuming eBay. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It was removed because those are FAKE stamps. You can get in trouble if you use any and real serious trouble if you resell any.

File an item not received case in the resolution center. Link at lower right of this page, 

Next time avoid ant too good to be true listings.  I think you can also but 100 dollar bills for 40.00 if you purchase in bulk. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

When do I file the item not received case? It shows he shipped them with a tracking number. What happens when I actually get them? DO I have to prove they are fake?  Or do I file Item not as described? I get what you are saying about a $100 bill for $40, but this would have been $55 value of stamps for $40, so not quite the same. Ok, TIA

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

More than likely. There has been multiple posts about counterfeit stamps being sold here.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@train_slide_central wrote:

When do I file the item not received case? It shows he shipped them with a tracking number. What happens when I actually get them? DO I have to prove they are fake?  Or do I file Item not as described? I get what you are saying about a $100 bill for $40, but this would have been $55 value of stamps for $40, so not quite the same. Ok, TIA

If fake open an item not as described case in the resolution center.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/ 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

If you receive them, take them to the post office and they can tell you if they are real or fake.  You would then file an item not as described case. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I heard if I bring them to the post office, the post office will keep them? I I open a case, will I have to return the fake stamps? Thanks

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Just like if you have counterfeit currency confiscated by law enforcement, you are not going to have anything to return.  Of course, you may have questions to answer as to how you came into possession of the counterfeit currency (I believe stamps are considered currency) in the first place from authorities.

Alas!  It has, if I'm not mistaken, been a long time practice of many retail stores to, when they find themselves to have received questionable currency, to pass it back on to the public rather than having to take the loss themselves.  Talk about passing the buck.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If you paid for the stamps you will still get them even if the listing has been removed.

Seller will get a message to ship the items out but she/he cannot sell anymore stamps

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply