cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD

Do I have any recourse? Bought an item that is listed fraudulently. Seller won't respond.(obviously) EBay has refused to help (tried online "EBay help/contact") and just got the bum's-rush from them. Anything I can do to #1. receive refund or comparable item #2. Warn potential 'buyers" to fraudulent item?

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

FRAUD

did you initiate a chargeback with your credit card company? You likely still have time to do so.

Message 16 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

So you start 2 threads ranting about things yet NOT answering any of the questions? 

If you got something you are not happy with, eBay has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Did you read it? Did you use it? Did you open a return with 'not as described'? 

Message 17 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

You had 30 days to initiate a claim of item not as described with eBay.  That information is clearly detailed in the MBG.

If you waited longer, you can open an item not as described case with Paypal for up to 180 days if that's how you paid.

Finally, most credit cards allow a chargeback for about that same length of time.  

Message 18 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

RE: kensgiftshop

Thank you for your response. Ahmmm....I did what was required of the site concerning a 'fraudulent item". OK, let's start here #1. Item was deceptive in that it did not have the amount of storage it claimed to have. #2. By the time I realized this, it was past the 30 warranty. This is the grounds EBay is using to refuse intervention. Understand, I'm not trying to undermine the 30 day warranty, I'm using the fraudulent claim as basis for my wish to return/refund. I've queried the seller 3x's with no response and, Ebay responded by telling me not to contact them(seller or EBay) again. Would you consider that statement good customer service? Oh, one other thing I did ask them for was information on how to "warn others" of this product. Absolutely no response to that!

Once the MBG time expires, Ebay will do nothing to help, so contacting them is a waist of time.

If you paid using Pay Pal, they give you 180 days to file a claim.

If you didn't use Pay Pal, contact your credit card.

I'm guessing, you're talking about those fake flash drives from China?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 19 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

So you think  eBay is corrupt because they denied your claim because you waited past 30 days to file a claim?

How does that make them corrupt? That's  your own dang fault.

Thanks for posting!

Message 20 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

With that said, then why would you even reply?

Message 21 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Because this is an open board to all members, as long as they follow the board criteria.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 22 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

too clarify your mis-statement

Message 23 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

My misstatement??? And what, in YOUR opinion, was that?

Message 24 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Confusion reigns with every post.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 25 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

You have to follow the posts back.

You stated that a poster did not read what you wrote, but what you wrote was just some venting without any info that really stated what the problem was.  Just threw some crumbs out. You knew what all the facts were, but did not present them yet accused others of not reading.

Message 26 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

"And, it's quite suspicious that EBay owns all of the sites that are used to file complaints about their products and services (or lack thereof)."

I think this speaks for itself.

Message 27 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Hey eburtonlab

I received the flashdrive.....it's just a China fake. It's a fraud. Ebay told me "not to contact them again" not sure if they meant the seller or EBay...or maybe both

Message 28 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

hey donsdetour

Well, YES....the item advertises as 2Gb, but it maxed at 89.1 Gb. It's a fake China ripoff. So, Yes, it's fraudulently advertised. EBay sent a response to "not contact them again"...not sure if they meant seller, EBay or both???

Message 29 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

You have thirty days from receipt of the item to file a "not as described" claim with eBay. The seller is required to provide a shipping label or pay for return shipping. If the seller does not cooperate or refund you, after four days, you can ask eBay to step in. You do not need to contact anyone, just use the link in your purchase history to return the item:

eburtonlab_0-1652907519669.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

To avoid this sort of thing in the future, buy potentially counterfeit-able things like flashdrives from reputable sellers.

Message 30 of 61
latest reply