cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD

Do I have any recourse? Bought an item that is listed fraudulently. Seller won't respond.(obviously) EBay has refused to help (tried online "EBay help/contact") and just got the bum's-rush from them. Anything I can do to #1. receive refund or comparable item #2. Warn potential 'buyers" to fraudulent item?

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

hey donsdetour

Well, YES....the item advertises as 2Gb, but it maxed at 89.1 Gb. It's a fake China ripoff. So, Yes, it's fraudulently advertised. EBay sent a response to "not contact them again"...not sure if they meant seller, EBay or both???

Well how did you pay for this item??

Message 31 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

By the time I realized this, it was past the 30 warranty.

After 30 days are up, you will no longer be able to get help from eBay, but you may still have recourse through PayPal (if you paid using PayPal) or your credit card.

Message 32 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

RE:  stainlessenginecovers

Your a bit confused. I didn't "open" a return case, I was inquiring about deceptive advertising/fraudulent description of product.

Message 33 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

kensgiftshop

Fraud....same as the heading for this thread.

Message 34 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

OK, once again.....The item IS past 30 day return. I'm not debating that. The item listed is a fraud, that's the basis I stated when contacting EBay. The item is listed at 2 Tb and only operates to 89.1 Gb. It's Chinese fraud. I want 2 things. To put a "buyers review" on said item....obviously to warn others...and to receive a refund. Hell, I'll gladly return the P.O.S fraudulent item to them  

Message 35 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

OK, once again.....The item IS past 30 day return. I'm not debating that. The item listed is a fraud, that's the basis I stated when contacting EBay. The item is listed at 2 Tb and only operates to 89.1 Gb. It's Chinese fraud. I want 2 things. To put a "buyers review" on said item....obviously to warn others...and to receive a refund. Hell, I'll gladly return the P.O.S fraudulent item to them  

Again I ask how did you pay for this item??

Message 36 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Rockstar:  

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I paid w/ an Ebay 'debit" card.....yup, not much recourse there!!

Message 37 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

RE: ebutonlab

Even if it's a fraud?

Message 38 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

Rockstar:  

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I paid w/ an Ebay 'debit" card.....yup, not much recourse there!!

Rats:

ebay is going to do nothing for you;  Were was your seller registered in country etc..??

Message 39 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

To leave feedback, you only have 60 days from the time of purchase to leave any.

And Chinese sellers know this and they know it'll sometimes take that long to receive the item from China.

For a refund, you'll have to open a case with Pay Pal or your payment source.

Ebay needs to do more about the fake junk from China, but I don't think they will any time soon.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 40 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Even if it's a fraud?

After the thirty days have passed since the receipt of the item, your options are seriously limited. If you are still within sixty days of the original transaction you can leave feedback for the seller -- preferably a calm, factual description that does not provide any reason for the seller to request eBay remove the comment. No references to cases or outcomes -- read the feedback FAQ.

The best way to alert eBay to a "not as described" fraud is by filing a "not as described" case in a timely manner. That would get you your money back and would directly affect the seller's account. It does not take many such cases before a seller gets booted by eBay. Since you are past the thirty day deadline, that is no longer an option.

You can use the "Report a Seller" page to report the seller to eBay for policy violations, but this is much less effective than winning a "not as described" case which would have automatic consequences for the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

Message 41 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

The Money Back Guarantee only is in effect for 30 days from delivery.

It doesn't matter what the problem was.

There is a 30 day deadline.

Which you missed.

Take a deep breath.

Now if you used Paypal as a payment processor, their Resolution Centre is on your PP account page under Activities.

Your reason for the Dispute is "not as described"  whether that NAD is that it has less power than advertised or whether it is green instead of red or whether you ordered a thumb drive and got a pair of mittens.

Not As Described.

Unfortunately, by waiting past the MBG deadline of 30 days, you will be asked by Paypal to return the item and pay for international tracked shipping.

Which is why it is a good idea to read the directions before you start.

When the tracking shows delivery PP will refund your original payment, but not* the return postage.

If you used a credit card directly, you can apply to the charge back program of the card.

Card policies differ, but the reason is still "not as described".

If you paid with a PP balance, a debit card, a gift card, or a bank balance, there is no way to get a refund.

Never use those for online shopping.

You can leave feedback for 60 days unless you lose an eBay dispute. But apparently you could not open a Dispute, because you had passed the 30 day deadline, so you can use feedback.

The most effective FB is calm, factual and short.

"Advertised 2gb power Actually had less than one." for example.

*It's a tradeoff. 30 days vs 180 days BUT return shipping paid vs return shipping at buyer's cost.

Message 42 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

Ebay debit card?   Do you mean the Ebay credit card?  If so, it's just Ebay branded, Ebay is not the actual issuer of the card. 

Call the number on the back of the card, let them know what's happened and file a chargeback. Credit and debit cards  give anywhere from 60 days to 6 months to do so.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 43 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Sorry....this is an EBay debit card...or you might want to call it a gift card. Thanks for the info and I'll do just that......however, I don't have any hopes since this is going right back through EBay.

Message 44 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Yes, well, I have left feedback and it was calm and I asked for a refund because it's a fraud. 3 x's I've done this and yes once they "replied"....it was in Chinese.

Message 45 of 61
latest reply