cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD

Do I have any recourse? Bought an item that is listed fraudulently. Seller won't respond.(obviously) EBay has refused to help (tried online "EBay help/contact") and just got the bum's-rush from them. Anything I can do to #1. receive refund or comparable item #2. Warn potential 'buyers" to fraudulent item?

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I paid w/ an Ebay 'debit" card.....yup, not much recourse there!!

Ebay debit card?   Do you mean the Ebay credit card?  If so, it's just Ebay branded, Ebay is not the actual issuer of the card. 

Call the number on the back of the card, let them know what's happened and file a chargeback. Credit and debit cards  give anywhere from 60 days to 6 months to do so.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 43 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

FRAUD

Did you receive the item?

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

What sort of fraud?

In most cases, you should be able to file an item not received case after the last estimated shipping date has passed. If the seller cannot provide tracking that shows delivery, you will win.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

If the seller provides fake tracking, see here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Fraud-with-the-help-of-eBay/m-p/32449690/highlight/true#M378234

If the listing was placed in a category where normal money back guarantees do not apply, see here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/I-bought-and-paid-for-a-flat-screen-tv-that-i-never-recei...

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

If you received an item that is not as described open a case saying so.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

To paraphrase the old maxim, "eBay helps those who help themselves". You don't specify exactly what your specific issue is. But it's very doubtful that it's anything that would require contacting customer service, given the automated means of opening cases under eBay's quite comprehensive Money Back Guarantee. If you'll return and give the details of your issue I'm sure someone will be happy to tell you the exact steps you need to take to open the appropriate case.

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Wish to THANK all who've replied to my post concerning EBay's protection of sellers who are fraudulent. Especially, "sellers" from China. After reading so many of the complaints at this post it's evident #1. EBay is a corrupt corporation who'll deceive and support theft of American citizens. #2. A corporation who's profits override anything. #3. EBay will not respond to inquiries of/about deception or theft of it's patrons. It is clear to me and it should be to everyone that EBay should not be utilized by anyone!!!  Amazon, Wayfair, WalMart are just a few of the e-tailers that should be considered rather than use EBay. And, it's quite suspicious that EBay owns all of the sites that are used to file complaints about their products and services (or lack thereof). Ebay's response to my complaint was to say "I no longer needed to contact them"!! They're correct and now it's not them (EBay), but my states attorney general that I'll contact. I encourage all of you to do the same.

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

I did and they didn't except the "claim" and further stated not to contact them again!

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

No one except you has ever said 'EBay helps them who help themselves". I most certainly did explain my situation. And you do not consider fraud/deception "anything that would require contacting customer service"?? 

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Unless you opened a 'return case' after 30 days or have opened numerous return cases, there is no reason for ebay to 'deny' you opening a return. Was this past the 30 days? Do you have other 'return' cases for 'fraud'? 

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

I did receive said item. That's how I know it's a fraud. Seller refuses, after several inquires, to respond. I informed EBay of this and was told not to contact them(the seller and/or Ebay) again. The item falls under their fraud/deception category, Ebay just refuses to do anything!!!

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

Huh??? I read your last post and there wasn't one person sharing your complaints, just people who couldn't figure out what your complaint specifically was to be able to help. If you were equally eloquent when you contacted CS, it's no wonder they couldn't help. And as many of us attempted to tell you, there's seldom a reason to contact CS, as eBay's Money Back Guarantee offers automated ways to open a case and get a refund. I have the feeling that had you done that you would already have been refunded and using your time for more productive pursuits.

I also had a good laugh at your statement that eBay owns all the sites where you could file a complaint.

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

No one except you has ever said 'EBay helps them who help themselves". I most certainly did explain my situation. And you do not consider fraud/deception "anything that would require contacting customer service"?? Let me ask, did you read my post....or do you even know how to read?

Your post is vague, and presents little in the line of details.

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 wrote:

I did and they didn't except the "claim" and further stated not to contact them again!

When you filed for the return, what did you choose as the reason for the return?

Have a great day
Message 13 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

@69rixter2012 

If you let us know exactly what happened and what you've done so far, you might be able to get a little help.

Ebay is pretty good when it come to buyers problems, but there are steps you need to follow.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 61
latest reply

FRAUD

RE: kensgiftshop

Thank you for your response. Ahmmm....I did what was required of the site concerning a 'fraudulent item". OK, let's start here #1. Item was deceptive in that it did not have the amount of storage it claimed to have. #2. By the time I realized this, it was past the 30 warranty. This is the grounds EBay is using to refuse intervention. Understand, I'm not trying to undermine the 30 day warranty, I'm using the fraudulent claim as basis for my wish to return/refund. I've queried the seller 3x's with no response and, Ebay responded by telling me not to contact them(seller or EBay) again. Would you consider that statement good customer service? Oh, one other thing I did ask them for was information on how to "warn others" of this product. Absolutely no response to that!

Message 15 of 61
latest reply