cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay removes much deserved negative feedback left for non-performing seller.

My two items were supposed to be delivered by 45 days. I paid for insured delivery to my door.

The seller did not ship until the 45th day, the promised delivery date. 

After 7 weeks of waiting for my items, working with the seller and three freight companies for an additional entire week , the seller said he would contact his broker to complete my delivery.

Now after 8 full weeks he is trying to get me to go to the terminal and pick up the items myself.  I am not capable of doing this and it is not my responsibility.

I gave up, I have notified ebay that the seller did not deliver on time, left negative feedback to warn other ebayers,  and asked for a refund of my more than $1500 payment.

Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance.

I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ebay removes much deserved negative feedback left for non-performing seller.

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Ebay will remove the negatives.

I hope not, but I've seen it happen as well, especially if the buyer files an INR claim because the seller shipped late.  Good luck....

Thanks, coulda!

I remember you from going way, way back 12-15 years and you were always one of the good guys posting.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Re: Ebay removes much deserved negative feedback left for non-performing seller.

The two negs seem to be there now.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

Well the seller you are talking about today has prior negatives so again I think you are worried for nothing. The comments you left don’t violate policy and the seller isn’t a power seller so there is really no good reason to fret over the possibility of eBay removing the negs.

Not worried, I always pay by credit card.

This is a place for discussion according to ebay, I am discussing as other people also do here.

The title of your post and some of your OP state eBay removed the sellers feedback. Which is not true and what has been discussed sooooo.....

No, if you look carefully at the title of my post it says "REMOVES". Additionally my OP says "Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance."

No where did I say that ebay removed the feedback I left for this seller.  Check my feedback left, there are only 2 negative feedbacks left for sellers and that was yesterday, ebay removed 3 others I left for non-performing sellers in the past.

Regardless it still made it sound like you were upset the feedback on the current transaction were removed it hadn't been further discussed that's what I would have believed you were saying 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

To further explain how it was misunderstood at least for me.   I took it as a warning to others that "eBay removes negatives" and then you went on explaining the situation where eBay removed one in your case just because the seller refunded.  

Without the the info that eBay had previously removed negs for you in this case I really had no reason to read it with the thought that you meant you thought they would do it again 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@designforyou wrote:

“...Sounds like you went through a very inconvenient transaction, and I undertand your frustration, time wise.  However as a seller, EBAY is making it very difficult and expensive to do buiness here. “

With respect, seller troubles are not the concern or responsibility of our buyers. It’s business, not personal.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Why do you think eBay will remove the negatives? 

They are still up. eBay hasn’t removed them. So other than your valid complaint about the selling shipping late, what is the problem?

It is strange that OP is adamant that they will remove them~they are still there.  

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

Three now because a kind ebayer helped me to leave a negative for another bad seller. Still no response from the seller after 2 days.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

Well the seller you are talking about today has prior negatives so again I think you are worried for nothing. The comments you left don’t violate policy and the seller isn’t a power seller so there is really no good reason to fret over the possibility of eBay removing the negs.

Not worried, I always pay by credit card.

This is a place for discussion according to ebay, I am discussing as other people also do here.

The title of your post and some of your OP state eBay removed the sellers feedback. Which is not true and what has been discussed sooooo.....

No, if you look carefully at the title of my post it says "REMOVES". Additionally my OP says "Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance."

No where did I say that ebay removed the feedback I left for this seller.  Check my feedback left, there are only 2 negative feedbacks left for sellers and that was yesterday, ebay removed 3 others I left for non-performing sellers in the past.

Regardless it still made it sound like you were upset the feedback on the current transaction were removed it hadn't been further discussed that's what I would have believed you were saying 

I'm sorry you didn't understand but I worded my OP and responses disctinctly.

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

They are still up. eBay hasn’t removed them. So other than your valid complaint about the selling shipping late, what is the problem?

It is strange that OP is adamant that they will remove them~they are still there.  

It's strange that some people feel it necessary to kick others that are already down and accuse buyers that have been wronged of lying, even after they have been told several times that ebay has removed negative feedback in the past for non-performing sellers. 

I'm very sorry if someone doesn't understand what I posted but they can ask for clarification, no need to unjustly accuse.

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:
They are up for a whole hour?
Ebay has removed them in the past so I don't expect a different outcome in this instance. Last week I posted here about another seller problem where the seller didn't ship on time, was the wrong item sent and was badly damaged either before or after shipping. You don't see a negative for that.

Luckily a very nice seller has helped me to be able to leave much deserved negative feedback for the dishonest seller I had a problem with last week.  The seller who sold my item to another ebayer 3 weeks after I purchased and paid a higher price for the item in better condition, then sent me the damaged item 5 1/2 weeks late, then tried to get my to accept only half of my money back.

It's a shame sellers react negatively to buyers who have been wronged by other sellers. No one has attacked you personally so it is totally uncalled for to try to make the buyer look like they are in the wrong. I'm done here, you've sucessfully chased me away. Say what you will about me, I am not the one at fault.

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@7606dennis wrote:

Three now because a kind ebayer helped me to leave a negative for another bad seller. Still no response from the seller after 2 days.

What sort of response are you expecting from the seller?  If you are using feedback as some sort of communications channel between you and the seller, you are using it incorrectly.  Seller can respond to feedback but many don't.  The chances are that the seller has responded by placing you on their BBL.

Frankly, since the feedback left is still there, I'm curious as to the purpose of this thread.  Could it be to draw more attention to the negative feedback left for the seller in some type of attempt to punish the seller?!  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

It's strange that some people feel it necessary to kick others that are already down and accuse buyers that have been wronged of lying, even after they have been told several times that ebay has removed negative feedback in the past for non-performing sellers. 

I'm very sorry if someone doesn't understand what I posted but they can ask for clarification, no need to unjustly accuse.

No one accused you of anything. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@7606dennis wrote:

What sort of response are you expecting from the seller?  If you are using feedback as some sort of communications channel between you and the seller, you are using it incorrectly.  Seller can respond to feedback but many don't.  The chances are that the seller has responded by placing you on their BBL.

Frankly, since the feedback left is still there, I'm curious as to the purpose of this thread.  Could it be to draw more attention to the negative feedback left for the seller in some type of attempt to punish the seller?!  

A response to the open requests with the resolution center that the seller either deliver my items or refund my $1563.00. That's the response I am waiting for! Stop trying to tear me down! This is unbelievable! 

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

And I haven't been refunded. Like I said, how many times now, I've lost count, ebay has removed my negative feedback for sellers when they refunded me.

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

No one accused you of anything. 

You accused me of an untrue statement because you didn't understand the difference between "REMOVES" and removed.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply