cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a seller in the United States have to make it known that their items are not in the US

I recently purchased an item from a seller from a seller who is in the same state as me. My item has not arrived by the predicted date and now I find out that the seller does not have possession of the items they are selling, in fact the items are in and shipped from China. So the item I was to have already received will not be here for another month and that way to late for my needs. What can I do ? 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Does a seller in the United States have to make it known that their items are not in the US

Interesting that .com is applying different rules on additional fees to eBay's other sites.

I might be misunderstanding what you mean by that as both .com and the UK site can lengthen  a sellers expected delivery time if they have a very high metric for inr’s.

As you mentioned too many late shipments can have the same result as a very high rate inr’s.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Re: Does a seller in the United States have to make it known that their items are not in the US

The item location policy really doesn’t matter in this situation.  Ebays main concern is that you receive the item within the estimated delivery time and since the item is now late you can open and win an item not received claim unless the item arrives before the claim is settled.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

yes, It is happening to me. I think it was a bug from eBay, I asked just for curiosity.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Thank you for taking time and explaining this to us. I appreciate that.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Open the INR claim in eBay now. No more seller contact. No more waiting for a 'good' outcome.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008&st=12&...

If you wait for your seller's latest advised ETA you will not be covered by eBay and will lose your money.

If the item arrives later, then you can re-pay the seller then

@jimstr1 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Lots of great advice and info here. Good luck!

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

If you want a refund in a timely manner, open the Item Not Received case, no other reason will do for this.  Do not listen to the seller, they already misrepresented to you once.  Do not open a return case, make sure it is an Item Not Received case.  eBay will wait just a few days, and unless the tracking shows delivered as soon as you can, escalate the case and eBay will then refund you from the seller.  There is no reason to wait.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

I don't think so. You should think twice before doing it.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Hope that teaches you to shop only on eBay!

Good luck !

Message 39 of 39
latest reply