cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do political statements on sellers page violate ebay policy?

I've bought from this seller before and one of their items came up in my search just now. After I clicked on the 50% off sale link, on the top left, I see this: "Trump 2024 Screw You Snowflakes!!!!"

So is this allowed by ebay, or can it be reported?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Do political statements on sellers page violate ebay policy?

It's probably the nearest concept of emotional harm categorized by eBay?

I've heard ebay remove a black bar because it could have been used as an "assault weapon".

You probably saved countless lives today!

---
Bolt with his head stuck"Turn and pull, just turn and pull, you'll be outta there in no time."
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

you know how it is. some people gotta act like they are offended if it doesnt meet their agenda or approval.   entitlement might be a better name for it.  snitches arent my thing

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

"...Trump 2024 Screw You Snowflakes!!!!"...  

Yeppp...

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

"..Alienate half of the customer base - genius!.."...indeed..half of the customers with a low IQ...:-)

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I mean really, WHO CARES!

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I was not offended at all, did I ever imply that? I simply asked if political statements are allowed from sellers on ebay. My post had nothing to do with which side of the aisle the statement was for either. If I go shopping  I would never see political signs posted at any major retailer. I like to keep politics out of my private life. Next time don't assume it didn't meet my agenda and approval, I don't like drama queens. And BTW, I don't boyott a seller for it, after seeing the statement I still went ahead and purchased 6 items I wanted from the seller. 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

then why did  you even bring the matter up. 

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

When Conservatives don't like something they just don't buy it and move along.....when Democrats don't like something they always have to ban it.....pretty much sums up the difference.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Read my last post. I don't need to hear about a seller's politics while I am shopping and would prefer they kept it to themselves. And the "screw you snowflake" part was unnecessary and felt it doesn't belong here, but as far as being offended, I'm too old to let something like that bother me in the least. If anything, it shows me seller's IQ level.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

@campanaelia wrote:

It looks like this can be reported. I just had some free time so I contacted a rep through chat..Now I'll wait and see if the statement is removed from the page.

This was part of the chat:

"I have looked into this matter for you. On the grounds of your report as well as the evidence I have gathered, I have now taken the appropriate action on this seller's account for their behavior on the site. The action I have taken will have negative impact against their account which ranges from issuing the member an informational alert, a temporary restriction, or an indefinite suspension, among others."

That sounds like the typical "get the customer off the phone" boilerplate.

Flow chart overseas CSR support.

Also...none of that is likely to have happened nor would an ebay employee tell you what actions they took.

Exactly, I found it extremely suspicious and inappropriate that they would inform you what actions they are taking. That is a direct no-no.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

In summation, I think what the seller is doing may not violate any policies but it sure makes him look ignorant and will most definitely cost him sales.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@pcobra93 wrote:

When Conservatives don't like something they just don't buy it and move along.....when Democrats don't like something they always have to ban it.....pretty much sums up the difference.

Well, actually that’s not true. Unless by “moving along” you call shrieking and ranting about a handful of Dr. Seuss books and making threads to announce their grand departure from Ebay.

As to the OP: I am definitely not a Trump supporter but I would probably just laugh and move on.

I would hate the idea that someone got booted off of here and lost their income source in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe they are counting in Ebay to help with their bills.

Was it tacky? Yes. But not reportable imo.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

What I've seen lately is anything remotely touchy is being reported for (in itself) abusive purposes.

Whether or not the person was genuinely harmed in any way, I don't know but it seed like more and more malicious users are making fraudulent reports to abuse others claiming they were abused (basically a victim war).

It has nothing to do with commerce at any professional level and has really made the social climate on ebay see, incredibly immature.

---
Bolt with his head stuck"Turn and pull, just turn and pull, you'll be outta there in no time."
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Even though I don't agree with the OP I don't see the need for that kind of censorship from the mods.

It's this kind of censorship that distorts the thread of the discussion to the point it flips sides around and critical details is removed, this isnt helpful

---
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

ive been reported for just agreeing to someones topic at times on ebay  im of the opinion that they  must be miserable and want to feel viable by saying, look at me , look what ive done.  doesnt change the fact they are still miserable. some people are like slinkies

Message 30 of 34
latest reply