cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Bid Button Would Not Work

Like the title says I just tried to Confirm a Bid, it was significantly above the minimum, and the Button did Not Work. What's up?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Confirm Bid Button Would Not Work

Did you get any kind of error message? Did you try confirming the bid on another device or in another browser?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

No error message and no other devises or browsers.

Do I now need another device or browser to use ebay?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Could be it was still too low, someone maybe already had a proxy bid higher than what you were trying to enter. The last bid will only show an increment higher than the high bid before it. But pretty sure you would have gotten a notification to bid higher if that was the case. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

No other bidder. It went unsold.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thanks. We can't see what you were bidding on so only can make guesses. What was the item number?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

item number: 185727967123

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It could be the seller doesn't ship to the US ?

Using the item number you posted I couldn't even find the listing. I am in the US. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

The seller is in California I am in Arizona. Seller is jyd650  item was https://www.ebay.com/itm/185727967123?hash=item2b3e3fdf93:g:NF0AAOSwDm9juLrt 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Sorry but you can't name sellers or buyers here.

I'm at a loss. But looking at the sellers feedabck score...I'd hit the back button.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Looking at the listing, I don't see anything that jumps out that would have prevented the OP's bid from being accepted. Could just have been a hiccup in the matrix. Keep it on your watch list, more than likely it will be relisted. If and when it is, try bidding early and if still having problems contact eBay through Help/Contact. Sorry, I can't be more helpful. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It has already been relisted and has bids. So I got screwed.

How do I get in contact with someone competent at ebay to figure this out?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This is a really long shot, but is there any possibility that you have had two nonpayment strikes on eBay, not necessarily with this seller, but maybe others? 

Or would there be any other reason for this seller to have blocked you? 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Zero nonpayments with anyone here. No reason to block me.

I was in contact with the seller and asked a question which he answered.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Have you tried bidding again and if so, did you get the same result?

Because we don't know what kind of device you are using or see any issues with your account; could have been the location where you were at not having a good connection, might be the browser you are using? Or even you're browsing/cache history needs to be cleaned up. 

If the Op was blocked for non-payments or if the seller blocked them, the OP would have gotten a message saying they could not buy from that seller but would still have been able to try and place a bid to get that message. 

If you try again and run into the same thing, can you try a different browser? 

If you still have problems, as I suggested in one of my other posts, use the Help/Contact button. It is on every page, either at bottom or top in header. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply